25

TWO MONTHS AGO

TWO MONTHS AGO

 In the heart of the Mediterranean Sea, a magnificent superyacht glided gracefully over the azure waters, leaving a trail of frothy waves in its wake. The sun shone brightly in the cerulean sky, casting a golden hue on the sleek vessel as it cruised through the open expanse. 

Amid the opulent splendor of the yacht, Alexandra sought refuge from the relentless gaze of the limelight. Her once-vibrant spirit was now clouded by the shadows of an emotional breakdown, and she longed for a respite from the world's demanding expectations. Seeking solace from the media, her friends had come up with the idea to escape for the Summer, with the intention of both helping Lexi heal from her trauma, while also making memories together that would last a lifetime. 

Up on the top deck of the yacht, a small group basked in the warm sun. Lewis, Pierre, Daniel, Lando, Carlos, George, Charles, and Max, all revered and admired on the racetrack, were now relishing a different kind of thrill. Laughing and exchanging stories, they formed an easy friendship, a bond forged through shared passion and camaraderie.

As the day unfolded, the gentle hum of conversation and laughter intermingled with the soft melodies of piano music wafting from below deck. Alexandra's choice of soundtrack enchanted everyone, creating a melodic tapestry that merged with the rhythmic lapping of waves against the yacht's hull. The sweet symphony provided a soothing backdrop, casting a spell of tranquility over the whole group.

Down on the deck below, Alexandra luxuriated along the front of the boat, seeking refuge in the warm embrace of the sun. She lay with a book in hand, her mind absorbed in the world crafted by words, effectively drowning out the clamor of the outside world. The healing power of nature and her friends' presence began to mend the frayed edges of her spirit, restoring a sense of balance and peace.

Their peaceful atmosphere was interrupted when Florence, one of Alexandra's closest friends, joined them. It was evident that she had been crying, and her disheveled appearance caught everyone's attention. Without a word, Florence reached over and snatched Pierre's beer from his hands, drinking the remainder of the bottle in one swift motion. Her actions were fueled by a mix of frustration and anger, and she angrily wiped her eyes before taking a seat with a huff.

The boys sensed that something was amiss, and the mood shifted from calm to concerned. They knew that something had transpired between Florence and Alexandra. The memory of an earlier incident played in their minds, one that occurred just an hour ago.

Earlier, Florence had tried to help Alexandra, who had visibly lost a significant amount of weight during the past month, no doubt affected by the relentless media scrutiny and pressure. In an effort to support her friend, Florence had urged Alexandra to eat some lunch. However, their interaction had quickly escalated into a heated argument, as emotions ran high. Carlos, ever the mediator, had stepped in to defuse the situation, but the damage had been done.