36

A few days later, Alexandra and Charles found themselves in London, staying at her vibrant and eclectic flat

A few days later, Alexandra and Charles found themselves in London, staying at her vibrant and eclectic flat. Charles couldn't help but be amazed by the interior—neon lights, an explosion of colors, and quirky, maximalist furniture that created a unique and welcoming atmosphere. Despite the visual delight, Alexandra was still recovering from her recent ordeal, nursing a bad concussion, but she was determined to make the most of her time with Charles in London. She had begged him to go out and explore the city together.

They were at a charming Italian restaurant near her flat, indulging in delicious pasta dishes while enjoying each other's company. Alexandra's spirits seemed lifted, even though she was still healing, and the atmosphere in the restaurant felt cozy and intimate. As they chatted, their connection was evident, and they shared genuine moments of laughter and conversation.

During their dinner at the cozy Italian restaurant, a sneaky snapshot taken by someone nearby irritated Charles, evident from the slight furrow of his brows. Alexandra, however, responded with a hearty laugh, brushing it off. "What did you expect?" she teased him. "We've practically been caught on camera being all cuddly for the past couple of months."

Charles looked momentarily confused, then acknowledged her point with a nod, conceding that their public displays of affection had indeed drawn attention.

With a shrug, Alexandra assured him, "I really don't mind the curiosity. You shouldn't either." She managed to convince him not to let it bother him, her optimistic nature shining through. Her next comment was accompanied by a playful grin. "I mean, we're practically playing the part of a couple, and the world thinks we're dating. Yet, here we are, no labels."

Charles chuckles, the tension from earlier moments seeming to dissolve in the warmth of their conversation. "So, what if I were to ask you right now?" he playfully wonders, raising an eyebrow.

Alexandra playfully raised an eyebrow. "You better plan something impressive then, none of that average stuff," she teased, her eyes twinkling.

Charles nodded enthusiastically, agreeing with her standards. "Deal. I'll make sure it's a date you won't forget."

Alexandra grinned, feeling the warmth of his hand in hers. "You know, I'm sorry it took me so long to get here," she admits, her tone sincere. "It's been a whirlwind, with all the drama and the media frenzy. But I'm finally feeling like I can breathe again, and you've been a big part of that."

He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "Hey, no apologies needed, Mon Amor. I told you, I'd wait until you were ready. And I meant it."

Continuing to enjoy their meal, Alexandra turned her attention to Charles, his eyes lighting up as he ate a forkful of pasta, and teased, "You'd happily eat pasta morning, noon, and night, wouldn't you?"

Charles laughed, nodding enthusiastically. "Absolutely!"

Alexandra grinned, then mockingly changed her mind. "Well, I guess I could settle for that, but honestly, I'm all about pizza. Can't give up my cheesy cravings."