95

The next day, the group of friends had gathered in the bright, sunlit kitchen of their Italian villa

The next day, the group of friends had gathered in the bright, sunlit kitchen of their Italian villa. The atmosphere was a mix of curiosity and anticipation as Alexandra prepared to address her closest companions. They sat around the rustic wooden table, the scent of fresh Italian coffee lingering in the air, and the warm morning sunlight streaming in through the open windows.

Alexandra took a deep breath, her eyes filled with a newfound determination that had been growing within her over the past few weeks. She knew she had to share her thoughts and decisions with her friends, the people who had stood by her side through thick and thin. They all looked at her expectantly, their expressions reflecting a mix of concern and support.

"Last night," Alexandra began, her voice calm and steady, "Carlos and I had a long conversation." She could sense a shift in the room, particularly with Charles and Lewis, who exchanged a knowing glance. She decided to address their unspoken concerns later. "Carlos showed me what the media has been saying about me," she continued, "and I'm aware of how you guys tried to protect me by keeping me in the dark."

She paused, her gaze firm but not accusatory. "I appreciate your intentions, really, I do," Alexandra said sincerely, her eyes meeting each of her friends'. "But I'm pissed off that you've treated me like I'm made of glass, and that you've all made the decision for me, instead of asking what I wanted."

Her friends listened attentively, realizing that Alexandra had struggled with the feeling of being shielded from the harsh reality of public opinion. They knew she was fiercely independent, and while their actions had been well-intentioned, they understood why she felt the way she did.

"I understand why you did it, though," Alexandra continued, her tone softening. "You thought you were protecting my peace, and maybe you were. But it's my choice now. I need to take control of my narrative."

The room was silent for a moment as her words hung in the air. Then, the supportive nods and understanding glances from her friends reassured her that they were with her, regardless of her decision.

"Carlos and I talked for a few hours," Alexandra explained, her voice still unwavering. "He showed me what the media is saying, and he helped me understand why you guys did what you did. I get it."

She took a deep breath before continuing, "I've made a decision, and I'm not asking for your permission, but I'd appreciate your support. I'm going to attend the trial. I'm going to look that bastard in they eyes, and I'm going to make him pay for what he did to me."

Her statement hung in the air for a moment, and her friends exchanged glances. They were aware of the immense strength it took for her to make such a choice. After a beat of silence, they all nodded, their expressions unwavering.

"I'll go, regardless," Alexandra said, her gaze meeting each of their eyes. "But I hope you'll stand by my side. Your support means the world to me."

Without hesitation, her friends agreed to be there for her, pledging their unwavering support for her during the trial. Alexandra nodded in gratitude, feeling a deep sense of warmth and comfort in their solidarity. Carlos and Isa were looking at her with soft smiles, the couple nodding at her in encouragement.