09

The sun had begun to cast its gentle rays into the hotel room as Charles slowly stirred awake

The sun had begun to cast its gentle rays into the hotel room as Charles slowly stirred awake. He became aware of the warm weight in his arms and looked down to find Lexi already awake, her eyes fixed on him. She greeted him with a soft smile, and for a moment, neither of them moved, unsure of what to do after the emotional night they had shared.

Feeling the awkwardness, they gently moved apart, and Charles cleared his throat, trying to find something to say that wouldn't draw attention to their closeness. "Morning, Lexi," he spoke in French, his voice low and husky.

"Morning, Charles," she replied, trying to sound casual, but he could detect a hint of lingering vulnerability in her voice.

They awkwardly moved apart, both feeling the weight of the unspoken emotions lingering in the air. Charles was concerned about Lexi's nightmare, but he didn't want to bring it up unless she wanted to talk about it.

With a stretch and a yawn, Lexi suddenly realized the time and panicked. "Oh no, we're supposed to be at the spa in half an hour!"

They both rushed to get dressed, and Charles quickly put on his clothes from the day before. As they hurriedly got ready, neither of them mentioned the events of the night, but the tension between them was palpable.

With a sense of urgency, Lexi glanced at her reflection in the mirror, running her fingers through her tousled hair. "I can't believe I overslept. We're going to be late." she switched back to English, and Charles felt a small smile fall onto his lips.

Charles grabbed his shoes, trying to hide his smile. "It's okay, Lex. We'll make it. We can stop by my room on the way, and I'll grab some new clothes."

As Charles and Lexi hurried down the hallway towards the elevator, they suddenly bumped into Pierre, Esteban, and Alex, who were all inside, on their way to get breakfast. The unexpected encounter caught them all off guard, and the group froze for a moment, awkwardness filling the air.

Pierre was the first to break the silence, raising an eyebrow teasingly at Charles. "Are you wearing the same clothes as last night, Charles?"

Charles felt his cheeks flush, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Uh, yeah, I didn't have time to change."

Esteban chimed in, trying to lighten the mood with a joke. "You're on the wrong hotel floor for your room, mate."

Lexi tried to hide a smile, grateful for the lighthearted banter amidst the awkwardness. "Yeah, we had a bit of a mix-up, but we're just heading to his room to get him some fresh clothes."

The elevator ride felt like an eternity, filled with strange tension as they exchanged polite but somewhat forced small talk. Everyone seemed aware of the elephant in the room, and they were all eager to escape the awkward situation.

Finally, the elevator reached Charles's floor, and as the doors opened, he and Lexi practically ran out, bidding the others a hasty goodbye. Once they were safely in Charles's room, they let out a collective sigh of relief.