67

The race weekend in Portugal had taken a toll on Alexandra

The race weekend in Portugal had taken a toll on Alexandra. The panic attack on media day had set a dismal tone, and things had only worsened from there. She'd missed two crucial interviews due to her emotional turmoil, resulting in fines from the FIA. Nightmares haunted her throughout the night, their chilling presence casting shadows over her already fatigued mind.

The next day, during FP2, the exhaustion and mental strain reached a breaking point. Alexandra lost control of her car, spinning out and causing damage to the floor. The setbacks continued to pile up, and she couldn't shake the feeling that everything was falling apart.

Qualifying brought another blow to her morale. She found herself starting the race in 16th position, the lowest she had ever qualified in her racing career. It was a far cry from her previous performances, and the frustration was starting to gnaw at her.

Adding to the mounting pressure, her friends and colleagues had become overly cautious around her, treating her like a fragile porcelain doll. It infuriated her to no end. She yearned to be treated as an equal, not a delicate entity on the verge of shattering.

As the race day approached, Alexandra's emotions were a turbulent mix of frustration, exhaustion, and fear. She knew she had to regain her focus and confidence if she were to salvage the weekend, but the weight of her recent experiences bore heavily on her shoulders, making the task ahead seem more daunting than ever.

Alexandra sat alone in her AlphaTauri trailer, the soothing strains of Noah Kahan's music in her ears, a brief respite from the turmoil of the race weekend. The melodies washed over her, providing a sense of calm that had been elusive in recent days. With her eyes closed, she allowed herself to sink into the music's embrace, if only for a moment.

Oh, you're spiraling again

The moment right before it ends, you're most afraid of

Suddenly, she detected a presence in the room, and as she turned her head, she was met with the sight of Charles standing before her. In his hands, he held a small chocolate cupcake, a single candle flickering atop it. The tiny flame danced in the dimly lit trailer, casting a warm, golden glow.

Don't let this darkness fool you

All lights turned off can be turned on

A lump formed in Alexandra's throat as she took in the scene before her. It was a gesture that mirrored a cherished tradition from her childhood, a comforting reminder of her mother's love. Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill over.

Oh, dear, don't be discouraged

I've been exactly where you are, I'll drive, I'll drive all night, I'll call your mom