62

"Are you ready, Alleycat?"

"Fuck no, I'm going to throw up."

Two months had elapsed since the festive Christmas celebrations, and the Formula 1 grid had assembled in Bahrain for preseason testing. The Bahrain International Circuit buzzed with activity as teams and drivers geared up for the forthcoming racing season.

The dominant forces of Mercedes and Red Bull had displayed impressive speed on the track, setting the tone for what promised to be a competitive year. Ferrari, too, had shown their mettle, keeping pace not too far behind.

Amidst the bustling paddock, Alexandra sat in her AlphaTauri car, her anticipation building as she prepared for her first run during the preseason testing. The Bahrain sun bore down on the circuit, creating a sense of both excitement and tension.

Suddenly, her radio crackled to life, and a familiar voice filled her ears. She couldn't help but chuckle as she recognized Christian Horner's distinctive tone. "Christian? What are you doing on my radio?" she mused aloud, her voice carrying a hint of amusement.

Christian's laughter echoed through the radio. "I convinced Tost to let me stick around in the AlphaTauri garage for your first run. Thought I'd provide some moral support."

Alexandra grinned, appreciating the unexpected gesture of camaraderie. "Thanks, Christian. Tell Franz I said thanks too."

"Will do. Now get out there and show them what you can do."

With the radio conversation concluded, Alexandra shifted her focus back to the task at hand. Her hands gripped the steering wheel, and her foot pressed on the pedal. The engine roared to life, and she set off around the Bahrain International Circuit, ready to tackle the challenges and opportunities that preseason testing had to offer.

In those initial laps, it became apparent that adjusting to the nuances of the car and the circuit was no easy feat. For Alexandra, the transition from her previous team's car to the AlphaTauri posed unique challenges. The steering response felt different, the braking points required recalibration, and the handling required a level of finesse she was still acquainting herself with.

The radio remained silent as she focused on finding her rhythm. Lap by lap, she worked to understand the car's behavior, seeking to harness its full potential. The challenging aspects of the car became more apparent as she wrestled with its idiosyncrasies.

By her third lap, her driving remained cautious, feeling out the car's limits with calculated precision. But it wasn't until her fourth lap that something seemed to click. As if a puzzle piece had found its rightful place, Alexandra began to feel a more intuitive connection with the car. The corners flowed more smoothly, her braking points became more instinctive, and the car responded with increasing confidence to her inputs.

On the radio, Alexandra finally broke the silence, her voice carrying a hint of determination. "Paddy, can I push the car a bit more?"

Paddy's chuckle filled her earpiece. "You can do what you like out there, Lexi, as long as you don't introduce that beautiful car to the barriers."