77

Two days had passed since the memorable evening at Charles' apartment

Two days had passed since the memorable evening at Charles' apartment. Now, in the bustling paddock of the Monaco Grand Prix, Alexandra was focused on her upcoming practice session. She stood in the garage, getting into her racing suit with the help of Pierre, their banter lightening the mood before the serious business of driving.

Lexi's eyes sparkled with excitement as she discussed the car's improvements with Pierre. "I can't wait to see what this baby can do on the track," she remarked, grinning from ear to ear. "Maybe it'll surprise us all."

Pierre chuckled. "Well, it can't make the car any slower, that's for sure."

As the two continued their playful exchange, the garage around them buzzed with activity. Engineers and crew members hurriedly prepared the car, adjusting settings, checking systems, and making last-minute tweaks. The air was filled with the sound of tools clanking and instructions being barked.

Franz, their team principal, joined Lexi and Pierre. He quickly reviewed some data on his tablet before addressing them.

"All right, team," he began, "for FP1, we'll focus on gathering as much data as possible about the car's performance with the recent upgrades. Lexi, we want you to concentrate on tire wear and grip levels. Pay attention to any understeer or oversteer tendencies. Pierre, we need your feedback on the engine upgrades, specifically power delivery, and responsiveness."

He continued with technical details, explaining the intricacies of the latest modifications to the car's setup. Lexi and Pierre listened intently, absorbing the information while nodding to show their understanding.

Franz concluded, "Remember, this session is crucial for fine-tuning the car's setup. We've worked hard to make improvements, and now it's your job to provide the feedback we need to maximize our performance. Stay sharp out there, work as a team, and let's make every lap count."

Franz continued his technical briefing, elaborating on the intricacies of the car's latest upgrades. He went into great detail about how the modifications would affect the vehicle's behavior on the circuit, emphasizing the importance of precise adjustments during the session.

"Now, regarding Monaco," Franz added with a more serious tone, "you both know how challenging this track can be. It's a tight, unforgiving circuit with little room for error. The walls are unforgiving, and one misjudgment can be costly."

He paused, making sure his message was sinking in.

"Monaco has a unique charm, but it demands absolute focus and precision. Be mindful of your surroundings, watch for traffic, and trust your instincts. Safety is paramount."

Both Lexi and Pierre nodded in understanding. They were well aware of the risks and challenges that came with racing on the streets of Monaco. Safety always came first, and they were prepared to give their best while minimizing any unnecessary risks.