103

After making a quick escape from the courthouse, Lexi and Charles had gone back to the house, still basking in the aftermath of the courtroom victory

After making a quick escape from the courthouse, Lexi and Charles had gone back to the house, still basking in the aftermath of the courtroom victory. When they entered the bedroom, they found two outfits neatly laid out on the bed, each with a small label in Florence's neat handwriting. "Wear these, and come to the Fox and Hound at 8pm," the note said.

Lexi and Charles read the note and looked to each other in confusion. "Charles? What's going on?" Lexi asked, curiosity dancing in her eyes.

Charles shrugged, a mischievous smile on his face. "I have no idea, amor. But let's find out."

He pulled her into his arms as she giggled. In the split second that Jackson was pulled out of the courtroom, Lexi's personality had transformed. She was as bright and bubbly as she had been when they'd first met, her fears of looking over her shoulder for Jackson or the blog now a distant memory. She knew she was safe, free to move on and live her life.

She wrapped her arms around Charles' neck and shot him a playful smile. "Or we could stay here," she said, a seductive glint in her eye, "and celebrate on our own?"

Charles grinned, his eyes filled with adoration. He lifted her into the air, her giggles filling the room as he playfully threw her over his shoulder. "Amor, since when do you turn down a party?" he teased.

"I'm tired." She whined. Lexi hadn't slept in a while, and the exhaustion began to catch up with her. She yawned, looking at the time on Charles' phone.

"Well, it's only 3 pm. You have plenty of time to nap," he said, his voice gentle as he leaned in to kiss her tenderly.

She pulled away from him with a wicked smirk. "What if I don't want to nap?" she asked playfully, taking her shirt off and throwing it to the side of the bed with a laugh.

Charles raised his eyebrows. "What do you want to do instead?"

Alexandra tackled him onto the bed, her lips crashing against his in a flurry of passion and longing.

"You."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

At 8 pm, Charles and Lexi nervously stepped out of the car and found themselves at the local pub, the Fox and Hounds. Both were filled with anticipation, unaware of what Florence had in store for the evening. Just before they entered, Lexi paused in the doorway, tugging on Charles's hand to bring him to a stop. He was dressed in a smart suit with a charming little bow tie. Lexi took a moment to fix his tie and run her hand through his hair, causing him to chuckle.

"Satisfied?" Charles asked, a playful smile on his face.

She looked him up and down with a grin. "After earlier? Very," she replied, and kissed him gently. "Come on, let's not keep Flo waiting."