43

Inside the bathroom stall, Alexandra's eyes widened in surprise as she listened to Florence's confession. The dimly lit space seemed to create a bubble of intimacy between them. "Wait, you kissed Daniel to make Lewis jealous?" Alexandra asked incredulously, her voice a mixture of curiosity and disbelief.

Florence's cheeks turned slightly pink as she nodded. "Yeah, I know it sounds ridiculous," she admitted. "But there's something about the way he looks at me, and I thought if Lewis saw me with someone else, it might make him realize he has feelings for me."

Alexandra leaned against the stall, absorbing Florence's words. "And what about Daniel?" she asked, her tone gentle and understanding.

Florence let out a sigh, her fingers playing with the hem of her dress nervously. "I do like him, Lexi. I mean, he's funny, charming, and we have a great connection. But when I kissed him tonight, all I could think about was Lewis's reaction. It's like... I'm using Daniel to get to Lewis."

Alexandra studied her friend's face, realizing that Florence was struggling with her own emotions just as much as she was. "Flo, you can't force someone to feel something they might not," she said softly. "And using someone else's feelings to manipulate someone is never the right way to go about it."

Florence met her gaze, her eyes filled with a mix of vulnerability and frustration. "I know, Lexi. I just... I'm confused. I thought I had everything figured out, but now it's all so blurry. I think I like them both."

Alexandra reached out, placing a comforting hand on Florence's arm. "Flo, it's okay to have mixed feelings. You don't have to have everything figured out right now."

Florence looked up, her eyes filled with uncertainty. "But what if I'm just playing games with their emotions? What if I'm hurting both of them?"

Alexandra offered a reassuring smile. "You're being honest with yourself and trying to understand your feelings. That's the opposite of playing games. And as for Lewis and Daniel, they're adults who can make their own choices. It's not solely on you."

Florence's lips twitched into a faint smile, and she met Alexandra's gaze. "Thanks, Lexi. I just needed to talk to someone about this."

Alexandra squeezed her arm gently. "Of course, anytime. It's important to have someone to confide in."

Florence took a deep breath, her shoulders visibly relaxed. "You know, for someone who's been through so much, you're really good at giving advice."

Alexandra chuckled softly. "Years of therapy will do that to you."

They both shared a laugh, the tension in the air dissipating. Alexandra felt a sense of connection with Florence, realizing that even amidst the glamour and chaos of their lives, they were both still figuring things out.

"Thanks for being there," Florence said, her smile genuine.

"Always," Alexandra replied, giving her arm a reassuring pat.