39

The next day, Lexi and Charles found themselves once again stepping into the bustling atmosphere of the Hungarian Grand Prix paddock

The next day, Lexi and Charles found themselves once again stepping into the bustling atmosphere of the Hungarian Grand Prix paddock. The paparazzi, like a relentless swarm, descended upon them, firing questions and camera flashes. Despite her best efforts to appear composed, Lexi felt her nerves jangling in the face of the overwhelming attention.

As the sea of photographers closed in, Charles's protective instinct kicked in as he reached for Alexandra's hand. He raised his voice, not to shout per se, but with an assertive tone that commanded attention. "Give us some space, please! Back off!"

The sheer authority in his voice caused a ripple among the paparazzi, and they begrudgingly created a bit of distance. This window of opportunity allowed Lexi and Charles to slip through the gaps, swiftly making their way towards the sanctuary of the Ferrari garage.

Once they were inside, the noise of the outside world was momentarily muted. Lexi leaned against a workbench, taking deep breaths as she tried to calm herself. Charles approached her, concern evident in his eyes.

"Mon Ange, are you okay?" he asked, his voice gentle as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm okay." Lexi assured Charles that she was okay and gradually began to calm down. He watched as the visible stress left her body, relieved that she was starting to feel better. As the tension eased, Charles couldn't help but comment on the high heels Lexi was wearing.

"You know, Lexi, we probably could have escaped those paparazzi faster if you were in flats," Charles teased, a playful grin on his face.

Lexi rolled her eyes playfully. "Oh, come on, Charles. You underestimate the power of heels."

A mischievous gleam lit up his eyes. "The power of heels? Really?"

Lexi rolled her eyes playfully, a hint of mischief in her expression. "Oh, come on, Charles. Don't underestimate me. I can run in heels, and I've even done stunts in them."

Charles raised an eyebrow, clearly skeptical. "Stunts? Really? Like what?"

A mischievous spark lit up Lexi's eyes as she leaned in a bit closer. "Well, for my role in James Bond, I had to chase down a bad guy in a high-speed chase scene. In heels. I even jumped across a few rooftops."

Charles burst into laughter, shaking his head in disbelief. "You're pulling my leg, Lex. That's hard to believe."

As their banter continued, a familiar voice joined in from behind them. "What's going on here?"

They both turned to see Carlos approaching, a grin playing on his lips. He had clearly overheard their conversation. Lexi smiled at him, happy for the distraction from her initial nerves.

"Charles doesn't think I can run in heels," Lexi explained, gesturing to her footwear.

Carlos raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in his eyes. "And you're saying you can?"