136

Red Bull Racing Official Statement

After a thorough investigation by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), Red Bull Racing confirms the conclusion of the inquiry into the recent accident involving our drivers, Max Verstappen and Alexandra Heroux.

The FIA has determined that the incident resulted from an extremely rare and unforeseeable software glitch within the car's system. The odds of such an occurrence were incredibly low, estimated at approximately 1 in a million. The team expresses gratitude to the FIA for their diligent efforts in uncovering the cause.

Both Max Verstappen and Alexandra Heroux were immediately transported to the hospital following the crash to address their injuries. Max Verstappen underwent emergency surgery to save his right leg, which had sustained severe damage during the accident. We are pleased to confirm that the surgery was successful, and Max is expected to make a full recovery. True to his competitive spirit, Max is already engaging in lively discussions about the speed of his recovery with friends and family.

Simultaneously, Alexandra Heroux underwent surgery to address third-degree burns and an internal bleed. The procedures were successful, and Alexandra is on the path to a complete recovery. The dedication and resilience demonstrated by both drivers during this challenging time is a testament to their strength and determination.

Here at Red Bull HQ, we've spent the past few days talking about Lexi and Max, and we wanted to share some anecdotes with you:

Christian Horner:  "Max and Lexi are like the dynamic duo of our family. I've spent years thinking of these two as my older kids, and the way they act just proves me right. Every time they're together, it's like trying to get toddlers to sit down and listen to you - it's impossible. They're always running about, laughing with each other about some prank they've pulled on the team...They never fail to make everyone around them smile."

Marketing: "Max is the adrenaline junkie of the track, and Lexi's tenacity is the stuff of legends. We've shared countless highs and a few heart-stopping moments with them. They're not just teammates; they're friends, and we're counting the days until they're back with us in the pit, cracking jokes and bringing their energy. Although, for the record, I think we're secretly all looking forward to a few peaceful months, knowing we don't have to listen to Lexi's attempts at singing and Max's response of screaming in her face."

Pit Crew: "Max's technical insights are commendable, but there's more to him than meets the eye. During late-night sessions, he'd lighten the mood with impromptu karaoke. As for Lexi, her meticulous nature extends beyond the track. The pit crew have this 'secret' stash of candy in the garage, and she's always the first to find it. No matter how much they try to hide it, she's got a sixth sense for sweets..."

Chief Engineer: "We've weathered storms together and celebrated victories as a team. Their absence has left a void, and we eagerly anticipate filling it with their laughter and camaraderie once more. I'll be having a drink tonight for them both - and while I know Lexi would tell me to crack open a bottle of vodka, I'm not that insane, so I'll settle for a glass of Max's favorite gin."

Chief of Operations: "Lexi and Max embody the Red Bull spirit – bold, adventurous, and always pushing boundaries. We've shared countless memorable moments together, from surprise celebratory parties to impromptu karaoke sessions. They're not just drivers; they're the heartbeat of our team."

In the hallowed halls of Red Bull Racing, our team is more than a collective of individuals; we are a family. It is with heartfelt concern and unwavering support that we send our love and best wishes to our cherished family members, Alexandra Heroux and Max Verstappen.