85

After the free practice session, the bustling garage gradually emptied out as the staff headed to grab some lunch

After the free practice session, the bustling garage gradually emptied out as the staff headed to grab some lunch. Christian himself was about to leave when an unexpected noise caught his attention.

He paused, his curiosity piqued, trying to discern the source of the sound. Unsure of what exactly he had heard, he called out to see if anyone was there.

Silence.

Growing increasingly concerned, Christian decided to investigate. He made his way to Max's trailer, hoping to find someone who might have accidentally caused the noise.

As he quietly opened the door, he discovered that Max's trailer was unoccupied. His heart began to pound with worry as he turned his attention to Alexandra's trailer.

Dread washed over him as he approached her trailer. Swallowing hard, he pushed the door open and stepped inside. There, on the floor, lay Alexandra, unconscious and unresponsive. Fear gripped him, and he immediately called out for help, his voice filled with urgency.

Christian's heart raced as he cradled the unconscious Alexandra in his arms. Her limp form, sprawled on the trailer floor, sent a shiver of dread coursing through him. Panic threatened to overtake his thoughts, but he forced himself to stay calm. He couldn't afford to lose his composure, not now.

He gently placed her on her side in the recovery position, a reflex learned from years of first aid training, and began calling her name urgently. "Ally, wake up! Come on, Lexi!"

But there was no response, no flicker of consciousness in her vacant expression. Christian's mind raced as he tried to assess the situation. He couldn't understand how she had ended up like this, lying unconscious on the floor of her trailer.

His gaze fell to the small envelope clutched in her hand. His heart sank as he recognized it for what it was. With trembling fingers, he carefully pried the note from her grip and read the chilling message inside.

To my darling flower,
I'll be seeing you soon.
Love, Jackson.

Rage boiled within him, anger at the man who had once tormented Lexi and had now resurfaced in her life. But he had no time to dwell on his emotions. He needed to get Lexi the help she desperately required.

Christian called out for assistance, his voice tinged with desperation. He was met with silence, the garage empty, and the staff having left for lunch.

Panic began to gnaw at the edges of his composure. He couldn't do this alone; he needed help. Determined to find assistance, he carefully placed Alexandra back on the trailer floor and rushed out of the trailer.

The paddock was eerily quiet, with only the distant sounds of other teams at work.

People from neighboring garages paused to watch Christian's frantic show, their faces a mix of confusion and concern. It was clear they had no idea what was happening, and they regarded him with wary curiosity.