89

Inside the crowded club, Lewis's concern for Alexandra grew with every passing second

Inside the crowded club, Lewis's concern for Alexandra grew with every passing second. He knew she had consumed too much alcohol, and the need to get her a glass of water became increasingly urgent.

As he patiently waited at the bar, the relentless bass from the DJ's booth thudded through the floor, reverberating through the soles of his shoes. Multicolored lights danced across the room, casting an otherworldly glow on the sea of dancing bodies.

Amidst the chaos of the club, George stumbled his way over to Lewis. His speech was slurred, and his gestures were more exaggerated than usual, indicating the effects of a few too many drinks.

"Hey, Lew!" George shouted above the blaring music, trying to press a shot glass into Lewis's hand. "You gotta take a shot with me!"

Lewis's patience had worn thin as his concern for Lexi intensified with every passing moment. He knew he needed to find her and help her, and George's insistence on taking a shot was the last thing on his mind. Irritation crept into Lewis's voice as he responded, "Not now, George. I need to go check on Lexi."

Just then, Charles, who had been enjoying the festivities and had indulged in a few drinks himself, approached George and Lewis. Despite his tipsy state, his eyes held a genuine concern as he asked about Alexandra's whereabouts.

"What's going on? Where's Ally?"

Worry etched into his features, Lewis quickly filled Charles in. "She's outside, not feeling well."

Finally, the bartender handed Lewis the glass of water, which he clutched tightly in his hand as he turned to head toward the exit. Charles, his sobriety returning as he grasped the gravity of the situation, fell into step beside Lewis, determination in his eyes.

Together, they made their way through the club's pulsating dance floor, carefully navigating through the chaotic throng of revelers, all lost in the rhythm of the music.

Lewis and Charles scanned the area, their search for Alexandra turning urgent. Amidst the chaos and noise of the club's dance floor, they couldn't locate her.

Just then, their attention was drawn to Max and Daniel making their way outside. James, with a look of panic etched on his face, was rushing ahead of them. The trio approached Lewis and Charles, who were growing increasingly concerned.

Charles, his voice edged with anxiety, called out over the thumping music, "What's going on?"

Max, his emotions amplified by the alcohol coursing through his veins and his mounting fear, shouted back, "James thinks he's seen Jackson!"

A surge of fear gripped Lewis and Charles as they exchanged a quick, alarmed glance before bolting toward the club's smoking area. Dread hung in the air as they hurried outside, their hearts racing with the possibility that Jackson might be lurking somewhere in the vicinity.