Snuggling Tiger

Ava and Y/N are lying on the sofa, watching TV with Ava lounging over his lap

Ava and Y/N are lying on the sofa, watching TV with Ava lounging over his lap. His hands are running through her hair when he hears a low, muttering sound, similar to an engine.

"Ava, are you purring?" you asked, chuckling. Ava was silent for a beat before responding, "No."

You stroked your fingers through her tresses again, eliciting purrs from her again. You had to control the desire to "awww" at your girlfriend's adorableness.

"Sure you aren't, kitten." you teased. "It's adorable. I knew you had cat powers but if I knew you could purr I would have tried a long time ago."

Ava groaned, her cheeks bright red. "Fine, I purred. I like spending time with you." You continued to watch TV while Ava continued to purr due to you playing with her hair. You both stayed like this for a while, basking in each other's presence and warmth.

Ava at this point was not watching the TV and leaned into your touch. At this point, you've both rested against the headboard, eyes drooping down heavily.

Ava took your hand in hers, thumb tracing abstract lines onto your skin. You loved moments like this, moments when your girlfriend let her guard down—something she can only do when she's with you.

You lifted Ava's body and carried her to your bedroom. You slid her body under the covers and got in to cuddle right next to her.

"I love you," you mutter softly, and Ava turns her head to look at you.

"I love you, too."

You pulled up the covers, and Ava snuggled into your chest. "Good night, my grumpy little cat," you exhale and close your eyes before uttering three simple words, "I love you."