Black Holiday

From TheOrnii: I'm here for it, Wednesday Addams getting Black Chocolate sounds perfect

Nevermore was abuzz with excitement. It was the week of Valentine's Day and students were gossiping on who was interested in who and what gift they were giving/getting.

Wednesday absolutely hated it.

The excitement in the air and whispers seemed to put her on edge whenever she was in the courtyard or a classroom. It certainly didn't help that she was roommates with the biggest gossip queen.

While everyone was outside celebrating, Wednesday sought the solace of her dorm room to type. Enid was out on a date with Ajax, and you... She figured you were also cooking something up for her. You hadn't been dating long, but the inferno of your relationship was burning bright.

You opened the door, hiding something behind your back. "Hello, cara mia.," you greeted with an irritatingly bright smile.

"Hello. What are you hiding?," Wednesday asked, suspicious.

"I know you don't like really big celebrations, but I wanted to get you something." You pulled something from behind your back.

Wednesday stood up and walked over to you, looking up at you. You held your hands out, in it was a bar of dark chocolate. "I figured you would like something like you, dark but sweet."

"You didn't need to.," Wednesday said. "And don't call me that."

"I wanted to.," you insisted.

Wednesday took the bar from your hands and unwrapped the bar. She carefully took a bite before offering the bar to you.

You bit a piece off as well. The chocolate had a sweet but sour cocoa taste. "How does it taste?," you asked.

"It tastes bitter, but kind of sweet." Wednesday walked over to her bed and pulled something from beneath. She opened a box and pulled out a dagger.

"I bought this to give to you for your birthday, but now seems like a good time." The dagger was sharp with a cross guard and a purple leather wrapped handle.

You weren't sure what to say or if there were words to convey how you felt to Wednesday. 'She doesn't like Valentine's, yet she went out of her way to get a gift.'

You wrapped your arms around Wednesday's waist, bringing her head into your chest. Normally, Wednesday was uncomfortable when it came to your hugs, but this time she snuggled up to your chest.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Wens."

"You too, cara mia.," Wednesday said from your chest.