Not Forgotten Birthday

Request from my Tumblr: Maybe, R pretends to forget Jenna’s birthday

Request from my Tumblr: Maybe, R pretends to forget Jenna’s birthday. Jenna is bummed out that R forgot her birthday. But surprises her with cake, and then she unexpectedly drops the L bomb for the first time?  I will also be combining this with another request: I read somewhere that Jenna never had a Quinceañera (15th birthday event) of her own, maybe (depending on how much ur planning to write) Reader could throw her a “Late” Quinceañera for her 21st.

Jenna's eyes slowly peered open, expecting to feel you kiss her awake and wish her a Happy Birthday.

When her vision cleared, she realized you were gone. Your phone was gone as well, meaning you weren't in the house. She quickly texted you, asking where you were.

[I'm just out running some errands. I made some breakfast for you. 💜] Jenna got up to eat least get something to eat.

What Jenna didn't know was that you were out getting things ready for her birthday party. A couple of months ago, Jenna admitted that she never got a Quinceañera.

After she admitted that, an idea sparked in your mind. You spoke to her parents and the three of you agreed to combine her quinceañera with her upcoming 21st birthday.

Her parents also invited her other costars as well. Everyone was already gathered at the venue. All that was needed was the birthday girl.

Once you parked your car inside the parking structure of your apartment, you texted Jenna.

[Hey, you wanna go out?]

Jenna texted back. [Sure]

[Great, I'm parked outside]

A couple of minutes later, Jenna got in the car. You felt a little sad. You could see from her body language she was sad you didn't wish her Happy Birthday. Hopefully the party would make up for it.

"Where are we going?," she asked. It wasn't like you to not tell her where you guys were going.

"It's a surprise." you answered, playfully. "I hope you really like it." At those words, Jenna seemed to perk up in excitement.

30 minutes later, you parked the car at a banquet hall. Before Jenna could get out, you pulled out a long, blue ribbon. "Before we go in, I'll need to blindfold you as part of the surprise."

Jenna raised an eyebrow, "You're not planning on kidnapping me, are you?"

"You shook your head with a smile. "No. But, the surprise will be worth it." With that, you wrapped the ribbon around her eyes.

You went to the passenger side of the car and helped her out and into the banquet hall.

You whispered in her ear, "Ready?" She nodded and you removed the ribbon.

Jenna's eyes widened. The two of you stood in a banquet hall decorated with her favorite color, blue. Many of her coworkers and design team were present as guests!

The banquet was decorated beautifully! There was a DJ up in front and on one side of the room, were tables with chairs. Next to it was another line of tables containing food.

 Next to it was another line of tables containing food

"Happy Birthday!," everyone exclaimed. Jenna's eyes started to water over with tears. She turned to you, brown eyes lit up.

You grasped her hand. "C'mon, you have to get dressed for the party." You walked with her to another room, followed by her parents, Enrique, and her design team.

When you got in the room, Jenna jumped into your arms. Your hands hold her waist tight, savoring the hug.

"Did you plan this?," she asked, Jenna's voice slightly wavering. You brushed the tears from her cheeks.

"Well, I came up with the idea. You mentioned you never got to have a quinceañera, so I asked your parents if we could combine that with your 21st birthday. From there we sort of came up with the idea, and planned everything." Jenna's eyes teared up some more as she squeezed you tighter.

"Thank you!," Jenna exclaimed. She let go of you to hug and kiss her mom and dad. You exit the room to give the family some personal time and so Jenna can change outfits.

A couple of minutes later, Jenna and her parents exit the room. Her smile is wide, ear to ear. She was dressed in a beautiful, blue dress.

From there, the party began

From there, the party began. Mr. and Mrs. Ortega gave the Quinceañera Toast, speaking about how proud they are of their daughter and how far she came.

Everyone got something to eat for dinner from the dinner line. After everyone had something to eat, the family performed the change of the slippers and the dance of the last doll.

Jenna and her father stood up to perform the Quinceañera waltz. The two danced on the dance floor to My Little Girl by Tim McGraw.

After the waltz, everyone stood up and spent time talking or dancing around the banquet. You walked up to Emma and asked, "Can you help me with the cake?"

The two of you left the hall and wheeled the cake back in on a food cart. The cake was also blue with a 2 and a 1 topper for 21. Written on the cake was "Happy Quinceañera, Jenna" in white frosting.

Everyone gathered around Jenna and the cake singing "Happy Birthday" to her in Spanish. After everyone finished, she blew out the candles.

Everyone continued to dance for about an hour. Jenna wrapped her arms around your neck and pulled you onto the dance floor for a slow dance.

You had to try your hardest not to drown in her sparkling, doe brown eyes as the two of you danced. "Thank you. The party was amazing!"

"No problem."

"I love you." At those words, your heart seemed to stop. The two of you didn't reach the point of your relationship were you said the l-word yet. "I- I'm sorry, I -"

You interrupted her rambling with a kiss on the lips. "I love you, too. Happy Birthday, Jenna." The two of you continued to dance in each other's arms until it was time to go home, where you would sleep, snuggled up in each other's arms.

Happy Birthday, Jenna!!!🎉🎁🎆🎉🎁🎉🎂