Early Mornings

You fluttered your eyes opened, only to be blinded by the golden light of the morning sun

You fluttered your eyes opened, only to be blinded by the golden light of the morning sun. The light spread around your room.

You felt something snuggle closer into your chest. Jenna spent the night at your house after hanging out the day before.

It wasn't often for you and Jenna to have lots of time together. Mornings like this were rare and beautiful.

You looked down at your sleeping girlfriend. The sunlight beamed down on her making her look like a sleeping angel.

Her tan skin had a glow to it, the freckles dotted across her face like stars in a galaxy. Her dark brown hair was spread out across the pillows in messy waves.

You ran your fingers through her hair. Your movement caused her to snuggle deeper into your chest. You played with Jenna's hair for a couple of minutes before she started moving.

Her eyes fluttered open. "Morning." You kissed her on the temple and greeted, "Morning, my love. You want some breakfast?"

She sleepily nodded. You stood up and Jenna wrapped her legs around your waist and you carried her downstairs.

In the kitchen, you sat Jenna on the kitchen island counter and started cooking. You made some waffles.

Once breakfast was made, you and Jenna went back to bed to eat breakfast together. Yeah, it was a beautiful morning.