31:

"It'll be alright Shay. We'll see him soon" Bryan hugged me from the side was we walked into the building.

There was flowers everywhere.

I was already crying. I just can't believe that he actually died. I only wonder how Ariel is feeling. I know they were both drunk but I know Scott could drive, even if he is a little buzzed. And how can Bryan be so calm and okay with this? He knows Scotty just as well as I do and I don't understand it. and what the hell did he mean by We'll see him soon? Just because he was a cop doesn't give him any more of an advantage to keeping calm that I have. I dealt with just as much shit as he has.

I really need to calm down and take his advice. I already started crying and I just couldn't stop for the life of me.  I squeezed Bryan's hand as we walked into the huge room full of friends and family.

"Bryan. How are you so okay with this?" I finally asked him letting it all go making him look at me.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just used to it" he mumbled hugging me slightly again

I can't say that I don't have any experience with this because I have. I've dealt with more shit that anyone could ever believe or understand. And I guess of course, there was that short time I lost literally everything close to me. That was when I was a cop myself. Of course only , I guess it's just a stereotype that a women is upset over death. Believe I am. But, no one knows me that well.

I nodded slowly and held his hand watching all the sobbing family and friends. Letty was emotional standing next to Dom, Casey was trying to keep herself from crying drowning herself in ice cold water drinking one after another standing next to Rome, and Mia frankly was trying to remember everything about Scotty trying to understand why he died the way he did. I myself found it weird he died the way he did personally. But, of course I'll just have to look further into it.

"Im going to talk to Ariel. She's got to feel like shit going through all of this" I whispered handing Bryan my Glass of Champagne. Usually, I don't drink that fancy shit but, its only occasion.

He nodded and kissed my cheek slightly before I walked over to her. I hugged her and comforted her as much as I could. She cried and cried trying not to allow her makeup to run.

A good long time was spent to put Scotty to rest. Tons of beautiful puffy flowers laid on his grave as we all prayed for his travels to a better life. As of this we will all simply, see him soon.

I sighed and got into the car with Bryan. I sat into the passenger seat watching the scenery rush by picking up speed. The atmosphere was quiet, too quiet for both Bryan and I. I don't know what to say, I just can't believe he's actually gone. I just can't get over it. I was literally going to snap again and start crying as memories flooded through my mind of all the good times. All the jokes we played, and all those movie nights with the team. thats when it all started coming to me. Tears flooded down my face, down my cheeks. Bryan put a hand on my naked thigh carefully comforting me. He moved his thumb stroking it softly. I sighed blowing air through my lips slowly and changed positions from leaning on the window to laying my head on Bryan's arm leaning on the center council holding his right hand felling his muscles tense as he shifted gears. As depressing as it sounds, now we go back to the 1327 house to have dinner under the warm summer sunsets and try to make it a happy night. Personally I doubt that will be happening.

"Do you remember when we were doing that job a while back and you asked me what was wrong because I was pale and shaking. Well, that was literally just after I quit the force. I just didn't think it was a big deal and did it anyways" I explained looking up at him. It's nerve racking explaining my problems and something as big as this? As big as being a cop and not telling the ex-cop himslef? But, then again it's quite sad because I tell him literally everything that bothers me. I felt him exhale slightly and look down at me.