4:

"Get out" a man ordered pulling me out of the car

He pushed me into the building it was fuzzy to me. I didn't connect to and to.

I was being arrested and interrogation. Duh!! Why this didn't occur to me I don't know. It was just so confusing.

I sat down in a cold seat and was handcuffed to the table. A Pepsi sat in front of me after an older man had sat it there. As if he was going to make me talk that way. With a soda? Come on.

He sat down looking at a cream colored filing folder. "Your pretty special. Huh?"

I didn't answer slumped over in my seat slightly drunk ready to just sleep. I just wanted to dream with Bryan next to me. Holding me. Protecting me as we dreamed. But no I have to sit here with this guy listening to him ask me questions.

He exhaled through his nose drinking his coffee fog covered his reading glasses continuing looking through the file. "Shay, how've you been?" He dropped my file and leaned into me watching me literally twiddle my thumbs ignoring the man.

"Where's Bryan?" I asked breaking the awkward silence. It was the first thing I had said since I was attacked at my own home at 10:00 tonight. I sighed listening to the sounds of the handcuff links scratching his metal table.

I coughed. As simple as that, making it even more awkward. "Since you won't un-cuff me can you at least loosen them. I don't like when they dig into my wrists"

He did without any argument. "Just answer these questions okay?" He smiled trying not to lose his temper sliding a picture of Dom across the table to me. "He's your brother isn't he?"

I pierced my lips or as if I was going to kiss my grandma, I guess stretching and relaxing them. I licked them and finally answered. "Yeah. Now can I leave?"

"Boss. Here's those papers from Bryan O'Connor" A dark haired man said handing his boss "those papers" as they basically traded spots.

"Thanks Jordan" sherif Carter nodded and took them walking out to the room next to the one I am in where Bryan must have been sitting.

"Shay Toretto. I've heard about you" he smiled leaning on the table interested in my life.

Why I don't know. I live a boring life. Just on the run right now. Nothing to big.

"Your brother got arrested for hiding with that cop that was undercover"

That cop that deputy Jordan Parish had mentioned was Bryan. Bryan O'Connor was a cop at one point not just a dirty street kid like I had thought he was. He had fallen in love with me and ended up being part of the family. Dom is basically like his brother and they fight like brothers, but always ended up making up. He quit the force to stay with me. To be with me.

I raised my eyebrows. Waiting for this to spitball and crash and burn.

"That was kinda a stupid move made by him don't you think?" Jordan asked trying to make conversation with me as his boss was trying to convict the new Criminal ex-cop Bryan O'Connor of all the things he has done with me and my family.

That's where I lost it. I didn't show it of course and popped open the Pepsi my feet on the table. I didn't answer this cop I just happened to be listening. I mean hell he could be taking notes or that "mirror" behind him could have other cops taking the notes for him watching our every move. Well, good I guess. Then they have a front row seat.

I threw the Pepsi at him hitting him in the head, smiling.

Jordan stood up straight and lunged at me. What's when I threw the locked cuffs off of my small wrists and moved back out of his grasp.

"What are you doing?!" He asked as I ran my hand along his waist looking for his handgun.

"Calm down. Your not hurt" I smiled tucking my shirt back into my pants hiding the gun for easy access if needed. Which is a possibility. "Have a soda" I slid him a Root Beer and walked out pulling the locked door open.

I walked down the hall to the next door getting ready to grab Bryan. I was walking next to the wall sneaking it could be said. I leaned on the wall, and sucked in a deep breath grabbing ahold of all of my adrenaline and confidence before crashing through the door

"Shay?" He asked wiping away the sweat from his brow.

"Bryan. Come on" I whispered not worrying about "Carter" to come back.

He grabbed my hand a pulled me to the exit.

"Bryan. I got us into this. It's my fault" I mumbled stopping me before we got to the stairs.

"Shay. Babe, not really the time. Let's go" he said pulled me down the five flights of stairs.

"Run"

I followed behind him and ran down the surprisingly empty streets and finally made it to the front door of dad's shop after a long 20 minutes of running from the cops. Story of my life.

Eat. Sleep. Hide. And occasionally race. But it hasn't been happening lately.

I sighed of relief and walked through the front door of my home