Chapter-22.

-------------Song- Lithium (Evanescence)-------------

''Why don't you ever kiss me properly?'' I asked Ben, who had a slow, burning smile on his face. 

He took my hands in his, ''I want it be special.'' He stated. 

''Why? It's not like I am your first kiss, player.'' I teased. 

He frowned at me, ''Don't ever call me that!'' Ben growled and kissed me again and pulled back again before I could deepen the kiss. His minty breath lingered on my lips. 

''Why is your breath always minty, player?'' I smirked when Ben glared at me for the 'Player.' 

 He went thoughtful at my question and I chuckled at his expression, he is so cute! He raised an eyebrow at me and I quickly turned the chuckle into a cough, though after a few seconds it was no more pretending and I was coughing badly. 

He jumped out of bed and looked around, ''Where can I get the water from?'' 

''I..don't need..'' I never got to finish the sentence as he left the room, shutting the door behind me. 

Great! Like totally Awesome! What if my mom sees him?! I will tell her that I thought he was burgular! And he thought I was dying so, he got me water, you know I-am-taking-away-all-your-valuables gesture. Yeah that's it! 

I am so smart! 

You are D.U.M.B.

You know how to spell! Oh my god! 

Bitch. 

I could still feel the itching in the throat, which was the cause of the stupid coughs so, instead of quarreling with my mind, I focused on bringing down the cough. 

The door opened up slightly, with a shadow coming in and finally before I had a heart attack, Ben came into light. 

''There you go.'' he said and nudged me to drink the water he was offering me in a nice glass. 

I shook my head, I was feeling pretty good now, ''Drink!'' Ben ordered in a strong voice, I obeyed him reluctantly and gulped in a sip of water. 

''Yuck!'' I shouted and jumped once. 

He signalled me to shut up and I quickly settled back, grimacing at the sour taste in my mouth, ''What was that?'' I asked Ben. 

''Medicine for your throat.'' He smiled, ''No need to thank me.'' He smirked. 

''I wouldn't, it tasted like dirt!'' I scowled. 

''So, you've tasted dirt?'' He smirked at me again, the smirking jerk! 

I switched on the night lamp on the side table before answering him, ''Yup. It was a dare in eighth grade.'' I nodded at the memory. 

''My mom didn't see you right?'' I asked. 

He nodded at me with a sheepish smile, ''She did.'' 

''What really?'' Oh fuck god! 

''Yeah, she asked me what I am doing here and I told her, doing your daughter.'' he started laughing gleefully at my struck-by-a-lightning kind of expression.

''You feel fine now?'' he asked me after he was over with his fit of laughter.

 I nodded, unable to speak because my mouth still tasted gross! The tasted of the medicine was horrendous,'' I am just not talking about your throat.'' He stated like CIA agent, saying something and meaning something else.