Chapter-35.

This chapter for some reason was extremely hard for me to write. I hope I was able to scrape through it :P 

This is a very emotional chapter, but I tried to keep up the light moments. Hope it's not too boring. 

In my opinion, its a bad chapter. I would understand if you would want to stop reading after this, its that bad and I promise I would try to change it. 

sorry for the long rant and the late upload, 

----------------------------------------Song- Late Goodbye.(Poets of the fall.)---------------------------

'when I am sad, I stop being sad and start being awesome- Barney Stinson.' 

Chapter 35- *haunting memories.* 

Reminiscing the past is never a good thing.

Especially when you are stuck in situation like mine.

I was driving aimlessly around the town, trying to find the station where Ben and everyone were taken. And Ashley was being so not helpful, that is putting it nicely. I discovered that even girls can howl, thanks to Ashley Mathews.

Two tablets of aspirin proved to be enough to cool her down, and put her to sleep. And as the sun started to fade down, I don’t know why but one particular memory from my past started to haunt me.

‘’Emilia!’’ I heard my dad’s voice; sounding really strained at the time, call me. By his very tone I could make out that he was drunk, but that had never scared me off.

I stumbled hurriedly through the staircase, I couldn’t contain the happiness that was budding inside of me. My dad had come to take me away from my mother; I could finally live with him. The past month without him had been a nightmare.

At the last step, I couldn't contain my contentment  anymore, and I tumbled and fell face first on my dad’s foot. Chuckling, he helped me up and then held me tight against himself; I tried to look up to see his face, look at his familiar and beautiful features and read his feelings. My dad’s emotions can easily be understood by taking one look at his face. But, it was proving to be a tedious job since he was too tall for me.

Still holding me tight and maintaining our embrace, he took me to the leather sofa and settled me there. Before I could word my thoughts he hugged me even tightly and settled his head on my shoulder. A little while later, my shoulder felt damp.

‘’Dad what’s wrong?’’ I mumbled against his chest.

My dad didn’t answer; he had always been a man of few words. And being his daughter I knew, a little persuasion will break him, ‘’Dad—

I couldn’t complete my sentence as he suddenly pulled away from me.

‘’Emilia. Listen to me.’’ His voice sounding hoarse than ever, I looked up to him, and saw his eyes red and swollen, I knew this wasn’t because of alcohol. Over the years I knew enough to differentiate. I nodded, swallowing the lump formed at the sight of my Dad.

‘’You’ll be a good daughter, wouldn’t you?’’  He sounded broken, he looked broken. I was confused and on the verge of crying but I nodded again.

Dad pulled me to him, and I settled my head on his chest, ‘’Promise me you’ll do something with your life, you’ll not end up like your father.’’ I struggled to get out of my his hold, I wanted to comfort my father, tell him he wasn’t worthless, no matter how many times my mother said that.