Chapter-36.

The pic on the side is the last of Ben :'( 

The song is hardly related to the chapter but, I listened to it quite a bit while writing the chap. So..Don't read too much into it xD 

The things are gonna be downhill. Just a heads up! :P 

I dare you to read the chap! xP ;) 

-----------------------------------Song- Somebody that I used to know (Gotye.)-----------------------------

"The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music. "

Chapter 36- *Broken into pieces.*

FIVE MERE WORDS HAD held the power to crumble my life.

I stood there feeling lifeless, and numb. I had absolutely no thought in my mind, I didn’t know what I was feeling or suppose to feel.  I felt empty.

Ben took a hesitant step towards me, and all I wanted at that moment to feel something. Feel anything, just feel something.

But, I was coming up blank.

I hadn’t realized I wasn’t looking at Ben, until he lifted my face by my chin, and before I could register his expression, his lips met mine.

Even though the agony in the kiss was so potent that I would have cried but, I just kissed him back, trying to feel scared of the fact that I had no feeling or emotions left inside of me.

Suddenly, Ben’s lips started trembling against mine and I felt a drop of water fall on my lips, Ben pulled back abruptly, his eyes looking down and he was shaking slightly. It took me a moment to realize that Ben was crying, and again I felt nothing. I knew that I had to comfort him, but there wasn’t any emotions attached to it.

I took him by his upper arm, and made him lean beside me on the hood of the car. Silent tears continued to escape from his eyes in a slow, rhythmic motion as I soothed him.

Not a word passed between us, but still we understood that we had reached the end of our relationship.

‘’I am so sorry Emily.’’ Ben said in a whisper, he looked like he was suffering and I couldn’t feel bad for him. I wanted to scream at him, for making false promises, for giving me eight months that were too good to be true, for making me come out of my shell and be crushed even harder than the last time.

I wanted to cry with him, pity my life, curse every existence on our planet, but I ended up saying, ‘’It’s okay.’’ Even though I didn’t mean a word.

A sudden chatter filling our quiet surrounding got us out of our moment, and I turned my head to look at a lot of people entering the parking looking worn out, and getting out of the county compound as quickly as they could.

Ben dried his eyes, but they looked bloodshot and a bit swollen, a gentle tap on his shoulder made him turn, ‘’Ben…We need to go.’’ Ben’s dad, Abraham Parker said gently, probably making Ben feel even more miserable. Men cannot handle such situations wisely.

Ben turned towards me, his eyes holding tight the tears that were struggling to break free, ‘’Bye.’’ He murmured and kissed my head, and then took his steps back to the county jail.

I stood their, still leaning on the hood of the car as I watched Ben go back to the station. This was possibly the last time I was seeing him, and not able to realize this fact I stood there clutching the car as tightly as I could, but still it wasn’t tight enough to keep me stable.