Valentine's Day Special

EMILY’S POV

‘’Come on Em!’’ Ian shouted and followed by quick knocks on the door of our bedroom. I chuckled as I checked my reflection, feeling satisfied with the coral pink dress I was suppose to wear.

I could hear Ian grumbling on the other side as I rummaged to pick up my purse and phone, which was as usual nowhere in the sight, ‘’I don’t know what you women do that takes you so long! I mean--

I cut off Ian’s complaining as I opened up the door, and his eyes widened, ‘’Oh wow,’’ He said while I passed by him, still looking for my phone.

I glanced across our living room, my phone still nowhere in sight, ‘’Say what?’’ I asked with a smirk, I knew his eyes were on me.

He cleared his throat, ‘’Uh, nothing, ‘’ he said flippantly, ‘’it’s just that the dress looks good,’’

I turned towards him, ‘’Just the dress, Ian?’’ I asked with a grin, Ian had a hard time complimenting me ever since we started growing old and it actually started showing, he was envious since he had put on some weight, and he thought I still looked the same, but frankly I preferred him this way, when he looked all delicious in his tuxedo.

Ian glared at me playfully, and then wrapping his hands around my waist, he dropped something in my hand, ‘’Yes, you old fart.’’ He replied with a chuckle and kissed me softly.

I looked at my hand and saw that it was actually my phone, ‘’Let’s go piggy,’’ He said from the door and I smiled to myself, feeling grateful that everything had turned out to be so great between me and Ian. My life was just perfect!

We had just parked in front of a beautiful church in Long Island when my phone started ringing, already knowing who it was I pressed the green button and put the phone to my ear, ‘’Where are you?’’ Ashley asked in a frantic tone.

‘’Chill out, bridezilla, I am right here,’’ I told her with a soft chuckle, rolling my eyes at Ian who was laughing at my nickname for Ashley.

Well, it was pretty apt and it wasn’t something that I hadn’t anticipated, Ashley was in general a very hyperactive girl and her getting married had made her even more crazy, if that was even possible.

Ashley groaned, ‘’Well make it fast!’’ She shouted and I knew even Ian had heard her. Not needing to explain to Ian what the situation was, I gave him a quick kiss and fled out of the car towards rooms that were adjoining the church where our bride-to-be was.

On the way to the room, I picked up two glasses of white wine, knowing she was going to need it. Well, I was going to need it more than her considering the fact I had to handle her the whole day! A shudder ran through me at the thought and I took a huge gulp of the wine whilst running to the room.

‘’I am here!’’ I announced as soon as I opened up the door.

And there she was, the soon bride-to-be in her undergarments. Wow, things were a lot worse than I thought.

I handed her the glass of wine, which she downed as quickly as me and then I asked her, ‘’Why are you still not dressed?’’

Ashley gave me a demented smile in return, ‘’Well, don’t you think Bryan will like me like this better?’’

I groaned in frustration, ‘’Ash, Bryan will like you even when you become fat, have wrinkles and no teeth! So please wear your damn clothes and get ready,’’ I tried to locate the dress that she was suppose to wear, and finally finding it on the floor next to the bedside I picked it up and held it for Ashley to wear but she was shaking her head adamantly.