Epilogue

Okay, the last chap everybody :D 

I have a small request, please gimme a brief feedback of how you found the story. 

----------------------------------------------Song- Heartless( The Fray)------------------------------------------

'You should never run away from your problems. Unless your problem is, like, you're being chased by a bear.'

'’Have you taken everything?’’

‘’Yes.’’

‘’Promise me you’ll come on every holiday.’’

‘’Okay.’’

‘’And you’ll call every other day?’’

‘’Yeah…’’

I stood there awkwardly, as my mom and Aunt Eva cried river, and choked on it too. Ian was grinning at me as I was sandwiched between the two ladies.

Suddenly, I was pulled and embraced; I could feel the wetness on my mom’s cheek as she sobbed and hugged me even tighter.

Man! I didn’t know how to push her away without making her cry more.

‘’Mom, go ahead and hug her.’’ I heard Ian say that to aunt Eva, whose hands were twitching to hug me.

So, the situation got even worse, when another body and glued itself to my back side. Oh god!

Ian came into my line of vision, and I wanted to strangle him for putting me into this situation, but since my hands were stuck between the two ladies, so I mouthed, ‘I hate you.’ with a glare.

‘You know you love me.’ He mouthed back with a wink.

That was my cue to give out a frustrated groan. Lately, Ian’s defenses were these words, and he had stopped taking any of my threats seriously because, he knew I love him.

Good lord! I had been so stupid to say that at the party, thinking that Ian was drunk and wouldn’t remember

But guess what?

He fu*king remembered it as clear as the blue sky!

And now, no matter how much I tried to deny this, he wouldn’t budge. Interestingly, all that bullshit he said earlier, and how he was behaving with me vanished instantly and Ta Da! The old Ian was back.

The body disappeared from my back, and my mom also pulled herself away from me, sniffing and drying her tears. Breathing in the cool air, I managed to give her a smile which was returned with a very pathetic on the verge of crying again smile.

Finally, it was Uncle Rob’s chance to wish me goodbye. And let me tell you, he wasn’t waiting very patiently. The problem was he couldn’t find any space to hug me as I was ambushed by the two ladies of my life.

So, when he finally found me free, he came up quickly and gave me a small hug and kissed my forehead, ‘’I’ll miss you, sunshine.’’

Somehow, I wasn’t emotional till now, but when Rob said that my eyes start prickling. No matter how much I tried to avoid it, I always found a part of my dad in Uncle Rob, and that’s what made him so dear to me.

Blinking my tears away, and scolding myself for being such an emotional fool I stepped away from him, ‘’I am not dying, Rob.’’ I told him, which earned me a frown from everyone around me.

Yes! I ruin every nice moment, that’s just me.

You are evil.

I know.