⊰3⊱

🌹

Pulling my eyes away from those crimson orbs, I hastily flip around in midair, still holding the dagger backward in my hand. The cement was nearing me, my descent fast as I pull my arms up in front of my face and over my head. Preparing for the impact and bracing myself, I use the momentum and arch forward, tucking and rolling as I hit the cold hard ground. Bits and pieces of my gloves shred away, along with the sleeves of my black Spidi Summer Net jacket, revealing the fabric of my thermal beneath its protection.

Continuing my roll out, my body flips sideways and rotates three more times over before I finally come to a halt, my forehead resting against my arms. I'm laying face down, my body hit by the shock of falling from such a height, more than likely, about twenty five feet. I lift my forehead away from my arms, looking across the distance at which I had fallen. I notice, that there are a few deep gashes alongside the outside of my hands, seeing the fabric of the gloves torn away deeper at these areas.

Blood.

My body is sore, but if I don't get up and run, not only will that vampire come down here and finish me off, but the fresh blood will attract others. With my two Maxim 9's left behind on the rooftop, it is unlikely I will ever see them again, my next set of guns stemming from a point of contact in Benton City.

I need to get out of Nolic Falls.

Fast.

I am well aware, that the contents of my backpack, the provisions that I collected, will be damaged. Ignoring this, I slowly push up, my hands lifting me to my knees and then taking a couple of wobbly steps to stand on my own two feet.

Glancing up to the supermarket roof top, I see him narrowing his eyes at me, hoping that I'd break my neck from the fall. His nostrils flare, angry and also breathing in the deep scent of my blood on his inhale.

He'll catch me.

He'll kill me.

Slipping the dagger into the holster, I take off, running as fast as I can without causing further damage to my already bruised and bleeding body. The sting of the fresh wounds hurt my hands, sending unpleasant shock waves through my wrists and up my arms, letting me know they won't heal for awhile, with the state I am in that is.

I don't hear him and it frightens me slightly. There is a predator hungry, searching for its prey like a game of cat and mouse. I will not be the hunted, not with so much more I have left to do, the work my mother wants me to continue.

It comes into my field of view, the tree which my dark ebony and emerald green Suzuki Hayabusa is hiding behind. Out of sight, I duck down, quickly grabbing my helmet and swinging my left leg over the seat. I buckle the strap beneath if my chin with shaky hands. Kicking the stand up and starting the ignition, it doesn't take me long until I have the bike turned around and I am speeding off in the direction where I came from.

I didn't see her...Reed's human. Events playing out in my mind, if another vampire took her in the short amount of time I'd raided the supermarket for provisions.

The sound of my bike is no longer the only sound surrounding me. In one of my mirrors, I can see him, those piercing crimson eyes glaring at me with such hate, gleaming in the moonlight as it reflects off the surfaces. He is relentless to see me die, as most would turn away at this point, but he leaves his city to pursue me.

He's playing a game.

Their speed, was no match for anything. He was gaining distance on me, my frustration clear as I increase the speed of the bike, dangerously risking my life on the hard turns around the cliff face. He could easily have caught and killed me, preventing me from running when I fell from the roof. This was a sick sport and the only thing I could possibly think of, is he was enjoying the thrill of the hunt before killing his prey.