⊰32⊱

Two very different, but very stunning covers!These beautiful covers were made by: @The_Literal_LionPlease make sure to show some love!

These beautiful covers were made by: @The_Literal_Lion
Please make sure to show some love!

  🌹 

It's only when we are nearing the outskirts of the forest boarding Aohdan's estate does Cormac clear his throat and ask, "Is something bothering you?"

"I find it hard to believe that you're trying to dispose of the council when you are a part of it yourself," I don't hesitate, the long walk having put hours of space between Keir and Marc's packs, but that didn't stop my thoughts from wandering. I did find it rather odd and what his true reasoning is behind wanting to take the council down...wanting the world back to once it was before my time...I don't know how much I can trust.

Cormac gives me a sideways glance, the line of trees separating the forest from the open grass is just a few feet away. When he parts his lips and speaks, his response is, "Walter and I were very good friends and as I told you before, I do believe he would have guided this world as a capable king. But, he was manipulated and killed for wanting that peace, so the council was formed with no king so not a single vampire had more influence over the others."

"So why do you all refer to Arthur as the head of the council?" I raise one of my brows, pushing away a low tree branch and finally stepping out of the dense forest. Cormac stands alongside of me, halting his movement. When he stops, I'd already taken a few steps away, but turn around and cease my own footsteps.

"Technically little rose, he would have been the next in line if the monarchy system was still in place," Cormac watches my confused reaction, furrowing my brows as I try to figure out why he would share power...unless he didn't want to end up like his brother and make a mistake costing him his life. He continues, "Arthur may have killed your father, but you have to remember that Taft and Aohdan were led to believe that it was your mother's doing. They saw Arthur as the victim of loss, not wanting to overstep their boundaries and were actually quite pleased with his decision to form the council with no king."

I shook my head and ask as calmly as I can, "How do you know...how do you know that Arthur killed my father?"

Cormac takes a moment before breathing in and beginning his stride across the grass. He brushes right past me and doesn't say a single word. Instead, I am left slightly ticked off, trailing behind him to catch up as I lowly mutter, "I thought we were done playing games."