⊰39⊱

The very dangerous and sexy poster above was created by: The_Lancelot_ thanks love! Always amazing tributes from you!

🌹

One rule.

I was given one rule and I broke it.

Damn Marc and his sexiness...I can't escape anything any longer. His scent, his touch...I shook my head, already getting wet just thinking about him, reminiscing in the way sparks trailed under my skin and left me covered in goosebumps. At least, the brisk night air was relieving me somewhat, however a nice cold shower would suffice so much better.

Running through the forest and finding my way back to Cormac's estate wasn't that hard to do, navigating my way several times had made this route second nature. The one tinsy problem I am having though...the forest looks a hell of a lot different at night.

At first, I thought about wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt, the cool night air getting to me. But, without knowing exactly how much trouble I'm in, I decided that wearing Cormac's salacious personal slave attire would be best in this case.

I genuinely wish I could have woken up next to Marc. It must be wonderful to wake up next to someone you love, but I don't think I'll ever be granted that dream. I wonder what Marc will think when the sun rises and I'm gone? Will he jump to the conclusion that this was a one night stand? That I decided to up and leave him? Surely I will be able to soothe whatever fears that may arise from my absence after I speak with Cormac.

Even if the council falls, what does the future hold?

Run.

Run quicker.

Something inside stirs deep down, clawing its way to break free onto this plain. It's foreign, but makes me feel whole at the same time. I want to let go and surrender to its omniscient power, but the second I breathe out to allow myself to, I break free from the thick forest and find myself standing at the tree line. My eyes lift to see the majesty that is Cormac's estate, evening my breath out while the pitter patter of my heart simmers down.

I smooth the mess my hair has become, stray strands falling over the front of my shoulders. Breathing in deeply, I exhale through my parted lips and begin to lightly jog toward the estate. Lights flood the windows, most of the curtains pulled back and away to reveal vampires and slaves milling about attending to their nightly activities and chores. I try to cautiously take my steps while nearing the building, ducking my head down below a window as a vampire passes by.

To be safe, I wait for a moment or two before keeping hunched over while making my way around to the glass back door. I've already seen two vampires who portray as security, desperately trying to find a way into the estate before they catch my scent. I'm technically breaking a code by simply being out a night and even though I'm at Cormac's estate, even I know a human would need to be accompanied by a vampire.