⊰62⊱

🌹 

"Rose?"

I really don't want to get up.

"Hello?"

Where's the snooze button?

"Uh...you sleep like the undead...hello? Rose?"

"Shh...just five more minutes," I groan while rolling over on the sheet of the bed I'd fallen asleep on, wrapping the covers up around my head as I do so.

Yvette giggles...but that giggle turns into devious laughter when I feel the blankets ripped harshly off my body and the cold hits my skin instantly. I squint my eyelids hard together before blinking them open. When I take in the room, slowly sitting up, I notice that most of the girls are still very much asleep, only one or two beginning to ready themselves for the day ahead of them.

When I rest my eyes on Yvette, she smiles at me, a towel wrapped around her frame and asks, "Did you have a nice sleep?"

"It's never long enough," I sigh while rubbing the sleep from my eyes, stretching my muscles in the process. I then decide to ask her while yawning, "What time is it?"

Yvette nods and replies, "Five thirty."

"Why have you woken me up at this ungodly hour?" I groan while flopping my back down against the sheet and motioning to the majority of the girls, "Can't you see everyone is sleeping peacefully?"

She giggles again and kneels down next to the edge of the bed before she whispers, "Every winter solstice that Master hosts, the slaves that present themselves first are given the easiest of tasks, regardless of which master they specifically belong to."

My ears perk at that and I tilt my head while rolling onto my side. Propping myself up on my right arm I ask, "And...?"

"I like you, you're nice and funny...very different from the melancholy atmosphere I'm used to," Yvette enlightens me and nods her head in the direction of the bathroom and says, "hurry up and shower, I'll meet you down in the living area in fifteen minutes tops."

Look, I've made a new friend...maybe this one won't turn on me and hate me or stab me in the back. Only time will tell.

Taking her suggestion, I hop out of bed while Yvette proceeds to get dressed. Thankfully, I shower quickly and find my new change of clothes folded neatly beneath the bed frame. Once I finish slipping on the flats, I lift myself back up from the bed and walk down the line between the two rows of bed, reaching the stairs and taking them a few at a time.

As I reach the bottom landing, I have to physically stop myself from puking when I see Missy giving Warren a longing kiss. She cutely waves goodbye to him, a sweet little flirty giggle before she turns on her heels and nearly collides with me however, I sidestep quicker and avoid any contact with her.

When Missy spots me she smiles while asking, "Sleep well Rose?"

I say nothing. If I engage with her further...

Yvette waves me down, standing near the door and ready to head out of the housing unit. I inhale a deep breath and press onward away from her. Missy frowns and sighs, "Awe, well apparently you weren't that memorable."

I'm going to slit her fucking throat...I swear to God I will murder you in your sleep...

What's worse, I hear no rebuttal from Warren as he stands there on the last step of the stairs leading toward the men's quarters.

I exhale and keep my eyes on Yvette, noticing the way she sees the tension building and I call over my shoulder, "A word of advise...try using a penny between your knees instead of an aspirin."