⊰60⊱

🌹

The moment we set foot in the palace, my eyes immediately trail over every last exquisite detail. Admiring the elegantly carved filigree into the beige stone walls off sets the deep mahogany colored marble beneath my flats. The lighting is just right, no obscene glare from overhead and allowing me to in take everything without having to squint here or there.

"Will your slaves be staying with you or at the group housing unit?" Arthur asks, his voice remaining even and when his eyes fall on Missy and I, our bracelets glint the lighting from overhead.

Cormac is silent for a moment, debating and weighing his choices and I'm actually impressed and understand his decision when he replies, "All of my slaves will stay in the housing unit separate from your estate."

This way...

...he doesn't have to choose between Missy or I to stay with him, or both of us for that matter and make things a lot more complicated.

Missy's face drops the second Cormac reveals to Arthur his final decision, her eyes almost watery.

I see the game you're playing.

Arthur snaps his fingers and immediately there are four female slaves at his sides. When I look them once over, I notice that none of them are wearing a bracelet signifying their position as a personal slave...these ones are normal. His voice is decisive and even when he orders, "Show your fellow slaves to their quarters for the remainder of the winter solstice," the girls move forward toward Cormac's slaves, Missy and I while beckoning us down the center hallway.

Another moment later Arthur snaps his fingers once again and this time, two girls with bracelets reflecting the elegantly engraved letters: Valentine, emerge and near Cormac. Arthur nods, "Please show the third council member to his chamber."

My heart skips a beat but I remain calm, settling my nerves as Arthur scans us once again. The slave girls turn us toward a doorway leading off the main hall and just as we are almost out of sight, my gaze locks with Cormac, his eyes holding my gaze with uncertainty.

You have no idea what game I am playing little rose.

Cormac turns his face away from me, acknowledging Arthur's personal slaves who begin their accent up the grand white marble staircase to the second level. We are no longer within sight, my gaze trailing back to the corridor we move through and once we near a door that leads out the side of the palace, Missy instantly comes to a halt.

"I'm sure he's mistaken," she shakes her head and scoffs, the other slaves furrowing their brows for a moment.

I roll my eyes and release a sigh, "Why would he want a loose old skanky pussy when the host is hooking him up with fresh tight ones?"

A small giggle escapes one of the girls and Missy's face turns three shades of red, turning to scowl at me.

"Well I wouldn't be talking," she narrows her eyes and states, "I didn't see him take you away to fuck either so looks like we're equal."

We will never be equal.

"And does it look like I give one flying fuck?" I arch a brow while the rest of the girls continue to laugh, making Missy that much angrier, "How many fucks did I come here with?" I ask and Missy parts her lips to speak but I cut her off, "Zero. That's how many I'm going to leave with."