⊰53⊱

🌹

"Well this should be interesting," Keveon's voice emits from the entryway, Marc and I standing next to one another as Cormac greets him on his arrival. I glance at the hard look on Dante's face while he stands with his arms crossed in front of his chest, his eyes shifting between the four of us.

Keveon ducks past Cormac and immediately catches my gaze before he wraps me in a tight embrace, causing...two...

...wait...three distinct growls to fill the hallway.

Keveon chuckles and pulls away from me and says, "Awe, look at all the protectors you have Rose!" He pauses a moment before he states, "Think it'll be enough?"

I don't realize his question is directed at Dante until he replies, "She honestly doesn't need anyone but herself, but I guess the more the merrier..." his voice trails off. Keveon had just arrived a few days after the three of us had...fully bonded...and this was the first time seeing Dante since the night he sent us down to the bar. The look on his face made my muscles tense, unsure if I should be afraid of him or...

"Anyways..." Cormac cuts through the tension building after Dante's declaration. He turns to me, his hands landing on my shoulders while he says, "I'll be back in about a week."

Great...

"Can I com-"

"You're sure as hell out of your mind if you think you're tagging along," Marc glowers and I can practically feel his eyes boring through me from behind, my mouth closing shut as a pout forms on my lips.

"Besides," Dante throws his two cents in, "Rose still needs to train."

Not with you I'm not. Not after last time...

Something's just not right about Dante...it gives me weird vibes every time I'm near him.

Cormac's hands slide down the tops of my shoulders, down the length of my arms until he holds both of my hands in his. He brings my knuckles to his lips, gently kissing the back of each hand before he releases them. His arms wrap around my lower back, pulling me close to him while his lips press delicately against my own.

When Cormac deepens the kiss slightly, an exhale and slight scoff can be heard from Dante as he turns on his heels and mutters, "Thirty minutes...training...outside."

That better not have been directed at me because I'm about to shove that attitude of his up his ass with the way he keeps playing.

"Damn...didn't know I'd get a free show coming here," Keveon laughs lightly, my cheeks turning a light shade of red as Cormac and I pull away from one another.

Marc's the one who chuckles, "Oh...you would have gotten more than that if you'd been here a few days ago."

Did he...

What?!

I can see the smirk on Cormac's face as he releases his hold on me and nears Marc. Over the past few days...one could say they have grown quite fond of one another, my secret evil genius plan working so that they won't be at each other's throats.

Well...that's not entirely true, they have been at each other's throats...

...kissing that is.