⊰78⊱

I received this gorgeous cover however, I can't track down the user who sent this to me

I received this gorgeous cover however, I can't track down the user who sent this to me. Please claim so I can properly thank you!

🌹

"You can't be serious..." my voice trails off in disbelief.

Cormac sighs with relief as he stands next to me while I sit across from Niles. Dante shakes his head and can't help but chuckle, "We knew it."

My eyes widening as I glance at the both of them in bewilderment I ask, "How could the two of you have possibly known I was pregnant?!"

Hell...

...even I hadn't known until my mates had taken me from the council meeting chamber and directly to the medical wing. It was here where they had Niles not moments ago test me and sure enough, it came back positive.

Cormac's hand touches the top of my shoulder and I look up to meet with his gaze. He gently states, "You weren't healing the way you should."

"I thought..."

I don't even know what I was thinking...

Dante arches a brow and asks, "That Lars had done something to you?"

Cormac's eyes darken at his name and before I can say anything he interjects, "Who's to say he hasn't," he pauses a moment and shakes his head, "you can't trust witches..."

"You hardly even knew they existed until just a few weeks ago," Dante crosses his arms in front of his chest and locks stares with Cormac. He then notes, "I'd be just as suspicious as he was considering what's happened with the council and shedding light on the skeletons in the closet."

"I already knew they existed," Cormac's touch leaves my shoulder as he walks away from the both of us. My shock continues to grow, standing from my chair and turning to watch Cormac calm down near the far wall.

I want to ask, I want to pry...how could he have known?

Dante murmurs beneath his breath, "Looks like more skeletons are surfacing," before he sighs and turns to Niles before asking, "is there anything we should be wary about with this pregnancy?"

Niles stands from the chair he sits in, walking toward one of the machines before turning on a switch. He adjusts a few knobs here and there, glancing over his shoulder before he says, "Due to the ectopic pregnancy, Rose should be monitored just in case however," his voice trails off as he motions for me to come forward. As I walk silently toward him and the reclined chair he states, "Now that you're a fully awakened hybrid and have bonded with Dante, I'm not entirely sure if any prior problems will arise this time around," he nods at the chair and I take his hint, scotching back into it, "it's better safe to check then be sorry later."

"Go ahead and lift your shirt up to just below your breasts," Niles instructs me and as I grasp the hem of my shirt, he squirts jelly liquid on the end of a wand connected to the machine. The screen faces him, Dante standing on the other side of me. Niles touches the wand against my abdomen, rolling it over as a quick sweep before he begins to apply pressure in certain areas.