Bonus Scene -3-

-Aohdan's POV- 

The fear in her eyes is real.

The vampire did attack her unprovoked but the only question is, who's coven does the vampire belong to and how was he able to slip into my estate undetected?

Rose's heart continues to beat fast, reluctantly bringing the inner part of my wrist against my lips. In the next second, my fangs elongate, sinking deeply into my flesh to allow her a prize of her own survival instincts. Drawing my lips away from my wrist, I extend my arm out to her and order, "Take it slave."

She should be using the fucking salve...

...but the damn vagrant proved her worth.

"I-"

Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me!

"That wasn't an option, that was an order," I quickly cut her off, angry now that she's even questioning and second guessing the sheer amount of kindness I'm showing her. With a slight nod of her head, she quietly takes hold of my wrist and brings it to her lips. My eyes quickly flicker to the slightly ajar door from where Cormac just removed his dead slave from, hardly hearing his spoken words when Rose's mouth closes over the puncture marks.

My eyes shift to a bloody red, narrowing them on her the second her heart skips a beat, her lips pulling away as I allow myself to heal.

Her eyes snap open and lock with my own, a horror lingering in those depths as she whispers, "You impregnated Tawnie."

How the fuck does she...

My eyes flash wide, the confusion and anger crossing my features as my blood boils with rage. She hardly registers anything when I pull my arm away from her before quickly backhanding her across the face, feeling her body become off balance at the sudden attack. Her heartbeat drops for a split second before evening itself out, catching her in my arms before she were to fall off the bench.

Why...

Why didn't I just kill her back on that road?

Vagrant is more trouble than she's worth...but I couldn't turn down the challenge to break her...here and now, I'll end it either way now.

Cormac walks back through the doors, his eyes immediately landing on myself with Rose in my arms, questioning as he eyes her, "What happened?"

"She lied," I stand to my feet with her, turning toward the entryway Cormac is slightly blocking. I'm not going to allow my secret to be spilled by the likes of this girl, then everyone will question the non-existent bond between Laisha and myself. We had a deal and I'm not going to risk it with her blabber mouth...especially now that she's getting closer to Cormac...

Speaking of which, he furrows his brows with confusion and asks, "What are you talking about?"

"I tasted her blood..." my voice trails off, the lies beginning to quickly form, "Rose let the vampire into my estate. For what reason and purpose, that I will extract from her one way or another..." or she can die first for all I care.

I motion for him to step aside and he does without another word, allowing for myself to take her down the hallway toward the dungeon.

My own pride and arrogance of wanting to put this girl in her place is backfiring quickly. She's different, she's not like the other human slaves and I'm not talking about the part which labels her as a vagrant...

Entering into the dungeon, I lock the door shut behind me. Quickly scanning the room, my eyes rest on the chains hanging near the far wall and sink, stepping toward them while knocking a stool from near the Plexiglas chamber to just underneath of the chains. Setting Rose down with her feet touching the stool, I tear apart the top she wears, casting it onto the floor before I reach up and lock her wrists into the chains.