⊰18⊱

🌹

What fresh hell can this be?

The grip Aohdan has on the front of my neck tightens ever so slowly but starts to grow lax the moment Laisha's hand touches his shoulder. She runs her hand down his arm, her deep brown eyes piercing into me, trying to read me just like every other vampire. Once she reaches his wrist, her lips brush his ear, his grip loosening completely. I cough, greedily inhaling the cool air, my eyes flickering to Warren as Cormac nears the doors to the estate.

I'm so sorry Warren...

There was only ever two codes broken...the night was to be considered free, so what was he really being punished for?

Rubbing the front of my neck, I take a step back away from the leech simmering down under the gentle touches of his beloved. Tension eases, his muscles relaxing and noticeably the ones in his face that once held a burning rage ready to rip me apart.

It's not against the code to have sleep with another human...why did he fly off the handle when Taft so generously mentioned something totally irrelevant. Speaking of which, Taft's amber eyes gleam, the moonlight intensifying the look he is casting my way just behind Aohdan and Laisha. I can't tell what he's gaining from ratting us out like that...

"Taft?" Laisha's voice breaks the silence.

"Yes?" He asks, his attention diverting from me for a moment.

Her long dark wavy hair twists seamlessly around her curvy figure, tilting her head to the side and asking, "Please watch the little slave."

"Oh?" He acts like he has absolutely no idea what she has in store for me. Since when did she get the ability to determine what punishment I receive? What could possibly be worse than Aohdan practically whipping me to death?

Death itself?

Well...technically if I die I won't break anymore codes so....there is that...just saying.

My eyes narrow on Taft as he approaches me while Laisha hooks her arm into the crook of Aohdan's elbow. She leads him away, just a few yards to speak in private. Taft on the other hand...he decides to get as close as possible to me, thinking I'll scream or run in fear.

He hardly knows anything that I've been through.

When he stops a mere two feet away, I had to look up to meet his hard stare, his reddish brown hair coming down over one eye since having wrestled to keep me under control. Come closer...I dare you.

Inhaling sharply, he does take another step forward, his hands resting in the pockets of his dark slacks. He asks me, "Are you afraid, slave?"

Coldly, I reply, "Never Sir."

"You're either very brave or very stupid...or altogether in denial," Taft chuckles, feeling the warmth of his breath fanning my face just irks me. It never shows though, my eyes remaining vacant, my expression void of any true emotion. Eh...not a question. Even so...after Cormac let me have at it with him...I don't think I'd ever be that stupid again. Guarding my heart closely, trying to reign in the emotions that were bottle-necking just at the back of my throat is slowly becoming harder to control.

"Do you love that human boy?" Taft tilts his head to the side, once again attempting to break me of my wall.

"No Sir," I respond bluntly. It's true...caught up in the moment within the beauty of the night, it was an impulsive decision, but it had been such a long time since I'd been with someone. It made me feel human again, to solely block out the hatefulness that this world was so quick to throw at each and every human being. It was a moment of heated passion, nothing more. Stress and tension, it was nice to relieve it...now...we will both be paying for it and it's not even fair. They change the rules whenever they like, that's why the code is a bunch of bullshit.