⊰13⊱

🌹

The first time Cormac left, the hours felt like a century. This time however, it felt like an eternity. I thought many times over about when I would pass out. I was never granted a reprieve though, feeling every last second of the machine.

My body is exhausted, sweat covering every inch of my skin and making me feel disgusting. The whole situation disgusted me, ever since he brought me into this room I've been degraded. He thinks I'll break and many would under these circumstances. Each time I feel like giving up, I try my hardest to remember that there is freedom in this world, I just have to fight to take it. Nothing is ever free and the sweetest prize will either be the day I walk away from here with that freedom, or the day Aohdan's patience wears thin and he executes me.

Either way, I escape.

The sound of the door opening and closing makes my heart flutter for a second, praying that this will end. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, however that light is just the dark amusement in Cormac's green orbs peering into my soul. He walks across the room to where he tied me down earlier, the noise from the machine just barely drowning out the unsteady beating of my heart.

I'm no fool and neither is he. He can hear my heart pumping so fast that I think it will burst. I'm not afraid of him. If this is the way he thinks he can break me then fine, but he'll be sorely mistaken once he turns his back and lets his guard down.

I won't forget the things these creatures do to me.

I won't forgive.

"So little rose," his voice brings me back to my surroundings, my eyes gazing up into his. The sounds that the gag tries to block out are still heard and he pauses and admires his work. "Have you had enough? Are you going to behave for Aohdan?"

You only said Aohdan...does that mean I can press my luck with you? Eh...we'll see.

The one time I can't respond...with the bright red ball still keeping my mouth pried open, I simply nod my head. Hoping that he sees that I do mean I'll behave...for my own benefit and gain. After all, there is still so much to go through in his estate and to uncover exactly what made these horrible creatures place into effect the code intrigued me. It might even be useful in an attempt to get them to nullify it.

Hell, I'm still killing them all.

Maybe I'll shove a fake dick up your ass before I kill you first...

Cormac turns off the hateful assault from the machine, my core aching from the constant punishment along with turning off that damn buzzer. It was all but silent in the room, my chest rising and falling faster than normal, my body slowly beginning to regain its coordination and a sense of control.

After he unstraps me, Cormac reaches behind my damp hair and unsnaps the leather straps holding the ball gag in place. When he slowly takes it out of my mouth, I can't stop the throbbing pain searing through my jaw, assuming it will now forever stay open like this. As he places it on one of the shelves, I take my fingers and gently massage the joints of my jaw, trying to ease the resisidual pain. When Cormac glances back at me, I just stop, slowly closing my jaw and letting the pain radiate.

"Well, no one heard you if that's any consolation prize," Cormac nods to the door before revealing my clothes he had placed aside.

How the hell would he even know that? Unless he was just sitting outside the damn door the entire time...asshole. Can't trust him any farther than I can throw him.

He's just standing there...watching me.

Instead of being eyed like a piece of meat, I press down off the bench and attempt to walk to my clothes pile on the table.