⊰15⊱

🌹

There's that water dripping again.

Water dripping...

Wait...

That means-

I blink my eyelids open, glancing around the familiar room that I'd first be placed in when Aohdan had captured me that night. Although, this time, I'm not in the Plexiglas room. No, my wrists are in chains linked to the ceiling near that leaking sink. You would think someone would have fixed that by now considering we clean everything...can't someone make this dungeon more peaceful?

No? Guess not.

It's very cold, and I feel much colder than I should be. Even when I was first locked up here, I wasn't this-

Damn it...

My hair has been tied up into a bun, no stray flyaways this time. Looking down at my body, I now notice that I am in nothing more than my black bra and underwear. The icy feeling of the room cuts further into my exposed skin, goosebumps becoming a permanent part of my skin right now. What bothers me more, is that I am not standing on the chilly stone floor. Instead, I am balancing on a wooden stool that appears to be probably as old as some of these vampires.

Dirt.

Old as dirt.

When I lift my right heel up off the wooden stool, it creaks like it's about to break from being unbalanced. Quickly, I let my heel fall back into place, taking a quick look around the room and noticing that Aohdan is not sitting in the shadows of his chair this time. I'm completely alone.

What did I do?

The chains around my wrists bite harder into my flesh when I rustle them, testing their tension. Yup, they are firm and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I suddenly miss my Plexiglas cell, looking over to it and sighing with wondering why I'm locked up the way I am. There is a throbbing stinging sensation in my cheek, rubbing the side of my skin with the side of my inner arm.

Once I lick my dry lips, I taste the residue of copper.

Blood.

I remember now.

I saw it, like it was clear as day...

Aohdan was the one who got his own love slave pregnant and he must have acted like he knew nothing during that line up. He knew. The entire time, he knew and was just making it out to be some big witch hunt as to who could possibly be the one with child. What's worse...he killed her for his own mistake. It looks like the girls know nothing, saying he has his own vampire to satisfy him...big mistake.

What an asshole, can't own up to his own mistake and took it out on the victim. Killing her solved all his problems. So he thought, until I stupidly blurted out what I saw without even thinking. I was in way too much of a shock as to how I even was able to see that, let alone the hidden truth behind who impregnated Tawnie.

Another sound mixes with the dripping water. That sound being the door opening and causing my heart to speed up.

Is he going to kill me now?

I know his secret...but it doesn't matter if I do, he would have killed the love slave anyways regardless of who got her pregnant.

Why does he have me in chains?

Aohdan's dark hair comes into view, closing the door silently behind him and giving me his back. I remain silent, my thoughts racing and trying to figure out everything he's thinking. I can't though and that's what is making me nervous.