⊰59⊱

The song selection above was picked out by @FireBeauty1789, Crazy in Love Cover by Sofia Karlberg. This song reminds this reader of the Golden Trio (their name for Rose, Cormac and Marc).

🌹

"Here you go!" Mindy cheerfully walks through the open door to the room I'd been occupying while waiting for the weapons and a little special something extra during the week I'd been away.

I had been cautious, knowing that with my new abilities, I'd still have to keep my appearance to a minimum with being so close to the neighboring city of Nolic Falls...and Aohdan.

Mindy hands me a black Kevlar backpack, the top unzipped as she shows me the contents. A smile makes its way onto my face when I see she's managed to have everything on my list made, wondering if it'd been even possible for my special surprise to be completed in time. Zipping the backpack up and shouldering the straps I say, "Thank you."

She nods her head while tilting it to the side and asks, "One question."

I'd made it to the open door frame before I glance back, Mindy's eyes resting on my form. Furrowing my brows, clasping the strap of my helmet in my gloved hand as I ask, "Hm?"

"How are you so fearless?" I'm slightly confused by her question, knowing that I am very much frightened, unsure of exactly how the events will play out in the next couple of weeks, "You know you're playing with your life...I'm thankfully for you standing up for us when others won't, but no one asked you to. You're willing to risk your life...for us?"

A smirk graces my lips and I reply, "I'm fond of the ones I've grown up around...humans...werewolves, vampires, can't we all just get along? I believe we can, we just need a forward thinking individual to help us reach that state of sanity within the chaos this world holds."

With that being said, I turn away from Mindy, taking my leave from Pine's Inn and setting my helmet over my head. While I prepare my bike, lifting a leg over the seat a noise catches my attention. Through the tinted face shield, my eyes fall on vampires entering into the inn, quite a few in numbers.

In a matter of seconds, two vampires pull from within the inn a male that appears to be in his early thirties, throwing him harshly to the sidewalk. A few of the patrons inside quickly follow the vampires out onto the streets, the sun edging close to high noon.

"You're helping vagrants!" One of them spat viciously at the man. He flinches away, cowering as he tries to get onto his knees. My eyes lift from the man and lock through the face shield with Mindy, her own frightened eyes widening in horror as the vampires begin to drag the man to his feet.

My heart hammers in my chest, glancing from Mindy to the man. When his shirt is ripped away, my eyes fall on the symbol etched into the posts of the safe house strewn through the world...except this one is branded onto the center of his shoulder blades.

A decision...one that should be my own..

...but when I reach for the backpack set on my back, Mindy quickly shakes her head in my direction. She seals this man's fate for me, her eyes casting downward as the vampires quickly tear out his throat, gurgling screams and cries becoming nonexistent within a matter of seconds. His blood flows away from his body when they drop his corpse onto the sidewalk, one of the vampires kicking his lifeless body while the other wipes the blood residue on his lips.