⊰27⊱

Fun Fact:

  Winter solstice 2016 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 2:44 AM on

Wednesday, December 21

All times are in Pacific Time.

Fan made cover for Code of Conduct!This lovely cover was made by: MaryKont Show her some love, it's absolutely gorgeous!

This lovely cover was made by: MaryKont
Show her some love, it's absolutely gorgeous!

🌹

"You knew my father?" I slowly tug down the sleeve, concealing the bracelet that caused Marc to get riled up, his eyes still flicker to my neck. Keir motions for me to sit down once again, however Marc continues to be standoffish just a few feet away from the chair, shifting his weight and crossing his arms over his chest.

Keir sighs, those memories flashing across his irises, probably some that he would rather keep buried. When he does speak, it's not exactly the response I am expecting, "I didn't know your father...personally, but I know who he is," his elbow hits one of the envelopes and he takes them both down off the desk and places them in a drawer. When his eyes meet mine again he finishes, "Rather...knew who he was."

Fiddling with the ends of my hair, I reiterate, "Was?"

"He's dead Rose," Keir finishes quite abruptly, his attention swaying to Marc in a silent pause.

What are they even doing?!

"How? What happened?" The questions pour from my mouth, Keir returning his focus to me before Marc moves around behind the chair I'm sitting in and heads for the door. Once he reaches the office door, he takes the handle and standing just on the other side is Sylvie. She balances two bowls and sandwiches on a navy blue tray, Marc holding the door open for her while she enters into the room.

Sylvie moves across the room with more grace then her age reflects, setting the tray down on the cleared edge of the desk. Keir briefly says to her, "Coen will oversee dinner, please go take a rest, you look exhausted."

The woman is silent as she leaves, casting me a noticeably dirty look that I think I am the only one who sees, but I am wrong. Marc warns her, "I wouldn't be looking at the future luna of the Imperial Stars Pack like that."

Sylvie lets out the air in her lungs, her eyes growing wide with shock. She turns to me and mutters quietly, "I'm sorry," and then leaves the room a little faster then when she arrived.

"Excuse me?" My voice comes out soft a first, both Keir and Marc's gaze landing on me, "future luna what?"

Marc is about to speak, but Keir cuts him off and says, "I think it would be best if you leave for now Marc."