⊰77⊱

Fan made cover by: @en521cool

Fan made cover by: @en521cool. A great representation of our group of four.

🌹 

The message is loud and clear.

It's been playing for over the course of a week now.

The meeting of the new council was postponed four weeks as many new turn of events arose...

Freedom.

Equality.

A new era we are bringing into existence.

While I sit at the head of the table, Cormac and Dante on either side of me, we await our much anticipated guests and those who will forge a new council to uphold the peace which has been brought to this world. My gaze is transfixed on the T.V. up and to the left wall, watching news channels and observing how the world is beginning to change and form its own immersion between the different races.

I never knew how many different races there are...

As the channels air their announcements, interviews begin to pop up everywhere. Faeries, mermaids, witches and warlocks, all of which knew how to hide in a world that killed anything different and opposing to the vampire rule. Now, all of them would produce a representative to sit upon the council, an expanding unit that will soon unite and balance the world through a new set of laws.

My mind buzzes with everything taking place, hardly hearing when Cormac asks, "Are we ready for the new arrivals?"

Dante remains silent for a moment, his gaze traveling from the T.V., to Cormac and then settles on me. That golden glint reflects off the surface of his entrancing eyes and he states, "This one meeting will set the precedent for the future generations to come..."

I nod and exhale slowly before I release the tense grip I'd held on the chair armrests. Gradually, I stand up from the chair, reaching my full height as my mates mimic my actions. A knock on the door echoes through the chamber and I reply, "Come in."

When the door opens, Aohdan is the one standing in the slightly ajar space. His malachite eyes search the room before landing on me. He informs us, "They're here."

"Show them in," I nod without hesitation, even though the butterflies in my stomach tell me otherwise. I'm not afraid of the unknown, more like uneasy and excited for what the future will bring, especially for these new creatures which I didn't even know existed. It appears, they were more elusive and had better ways of hiding themselves through this reign Arthur put them all through.

I'm relieved my presence isn't as threatening and has brought them out of hiding.

Aohdan nods my confirmation before he fully opens the doors to the council chamber. Keveon is the first to walk in, moving around to the side Cormac stands and nears me. He winks briefly before standing off to the side, nearing one of the walls and I quickly furrow my brows in confusion.