⊰31⊱

Loving the seductiveness in this cover!Thank you for the beautiful cover made by: @hungergameslover102Make sure to show some love!

Thank you for the beautiful cover made by: @hungergameslover102
Make sure to show some love!

🌹

How?

A chill travels down my spine, Cormac's voice having come from directly behind me and yet I didn't even know he was there until he revealed himself. I don't turn around, my heart pounding hard and fast in my chest, trying to figure out how he found me and what he plans on doing now that I am just a foot or two away from him.

A breeze blows the stray hairs not contained by the tie I'd previously drawn my hair up into when I sparred with Bishop. Cormac remains quiet as well, waiting for my answer to an ambiguous question. It could mean anything...but...he clearly knows more than he is letting on and it has me unnerved, not knowing what his end game plan is.

"I'm not sure what you expected me to find," I reply very calm, keeping my eyes up and glancing across the surface of the lake.

"Almost everything," are his words and they cause my muscles to tense.

What doesn't he know?

"Stop playing games with me..." I'm very cold with my reply, exhausted with being the pawn in everyone else's game. I want to understand and know more...but I'm not sure what more he can tell me that I'm not already learning being with Keir.

A moment goes by and then his words startle me further when he chuckles, "Alright. No more games." When I say nothing more, Cormac instructs me, "I think it's rather rude of you to turn away from me. Stand up and turn around Rose."

My fingertips slip on the fabric of my jeans before I slowly rise to my feet. My heart continues to beat unevenly, turning around on the spot to lock eyes with his green ones, his dark hair in slight disarray. He's wearing dark clothing, a long coat on over top of his shirt to keep away the coolness setting in for the night. He could easily blend into the shadows of the trees and I wouldn't have even realized he was there...in fact, I'm sure that exactly how he crept up on me.

"Are you still hurt?" Cormac's words cause me to furrow my brows, unaware that he had any idea of what had happened. I am still a little sore, but I've started to heal.

"No," I tell him flatly, waiting for him to start answering the questions he already knows I want more insight into.

Cormac inhales a short breath before he says, "I told you...you can trust me. I chose you as my selection because I knew you'd be offered a chance to escape from Aohdan, from the vampire world. I knew you would find your family...or remnants of what is left anyways. What I found quite fascinating however, and something I wasn't entirely counting on, was you finding your werewolf mate."

Everything...everything was planned.

The only thing he left to chance...was my encounter with Marc.