⊰6⊱

🌹

He's staring at me intently once again. He sits confidently on the same chair from when I woke to find myself in this wretched place to begin with. He doesn't approach me, sitting with his back straight and his legs crossing at his ankles. His arms have been set across his chest for the past thirty or so minutes.

Am I some kind of object to be displayed now?

Aohdan knows more than he is letting on about, but he continues to let me sit in the middle of the Plexiglas cell. Without hesitation, his decision to rise from his chair throws me off guard. Finally, I can see the end in sight of continuing to be trapped in this small space.

He still does nothing about that leaky faucet.

"Stand up slave," his voice breaks the silence, the water dripping in the distance the only other sound. Here we go again, let's listen to the overly dominant vampire who thinks he's slowly breaking me, conforming me to how he pleases.

With a small sigh escaping my lips, I slowly rise to my feet. The rip from where I'd torn the front lower hem of my shirt to splint my pinky hikes up to reveal some of my skin. A coolness skims the part of my stomach that is exposed to the air, a shiver traveling down my spine.

"Ruining clothes I've given you? Would you rather wear nothing?" He asks me, walking slowly to the door of the cell, my eyes tracing his movements.

You'd like that, now wouldn't you?

When I decide it is best not to speak or risk saying something I would regret, he narrows his malachite eyes on me. I still hold his gaze, not backing down. I might not be able to say what I want anytime I want, but he never said I can't look at him. I can see that the way I acknowledge him bothers him greatly, a normal human would have looked away by now, afraid for their life.

"How is your finger?" He continues questioning me further.

"So glad to see you care, Sir," I reply, noting the slight sassiness that evidently surfaces mixing with sarcasm that he can clearly pick up on.

Oh look! I'm following the code...damn it.

Though, I'm smart enough to know when to throw down the gauntlet and take him head on...this battle is not worth it. Besides, he can see right through me, I'm sure of it and I can't tell if it is amusing him or making him angrier.

He hasn't hit me yet, so it's safe to say I'm amusing him...for the time being. Let's see how long it takes for him to punish me for no reason and see how well he abides by the code.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5-

"Come here and show me slave," Aohdan beckons me toward the Plexiglas door. Oh, you want to see? I'll come show you.

Taking long strides, I halt just short of the clear door, and if it weren't for the safety it holds, either of us could lash out unexpectedly.

My right hand reaches across to my left, pulling loose the fabric that holds my fingers securely together. Swiftly removing the piece of shirt, I slam the palm of my hand flat against the Plexiglas, my eyes still lingering on his. After my display, his eyes flicker to my hand, seeing that my left pinky is practically as good as new despite the redness of the skin. The blood remains on my flesh from where he split open wounds on my forehead as well as the blood that had flown from my nose.

"What are you slave?" His eyes glow dangerously, leaving my hand and staring into my soul.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Sir. I'm so sorry, I just don't have an answer for you. I'm a rather pissed off human who has been targeted like the rest of my race for my entire life," my eyes narrow on his, dragging my fingers on the Plexiglas into a fist. There it was, my hate for their very existence and for what they have done to the freedom of the human race.