⊰73⊱

thebookslut01 was the only person to mention what Cormac said at the beginning of the book that showed he knew more then he was letting one. When Aohdan asked him what type of game he's playing at and he says, "The same one you are only better."

Food for thought!

🌹

"Rose...are you sure you're oka-"

"Don't ask me that question again," I abruptly cut Dante off, both of us walking toward the back doors to the castle. He went very quiet the second I uttered those words, falling in place beside of me until we reached the doors, noticing they are locked.

My eyes lift to the castle in front of us, gazing up at the large snowflake crystal at the top of the tower. After a moment I say, "An alpha once told me that it's hard for them to control their impulses..." Dante also lifting his gaze to see what I am staring at, "...take out the snowflake crystal and we'll have more allies then we imagined."

Dante and I lower our gazes, his eyes locking with my own. He very calmly states, "If you go in there by yourself...there are those loyal to Taft and Arthur...they'll be just as hard to get by as approaching the last of the council."

I nod and reply, "That maybe true," I begin to loosen the straps on my backpack, lifting them away and bringing it in front of me, "however, Mindy knows the right people who know what weapons I need..." my voice trails off while I unzip the top and peer into the backpack.

"How much ammo do you have left?" Dante asks with concern, his uneasiness to leave me reflecting in the way he's stalling from what I need him to do.

"Enough," is all I say, my gaze briefly lifting to meet with his.

I always count my shots.

It's then that I see the golden sheen reflecting off his irises, his wolf slowly coming through as his irises completely shift to gold. While arching I brow I state, "Wasn't it you who said I wouldn't be affected by those crystals?"

He tilts his head to the side and drawls, "Yes..."

I finally snap my attention completely on him and say, "Then you shouldn't be either, now take out that crystal and meet me in your chamber," I pause a moment while removing the two black x-cross belt, silver capsules lining the outside while I remove two similar looking bracers. Dante continues to stare at me hard, strapping the bracers into place around my wrists before I glance at him and question, "What?"

"Don't lose yourself Rose..." it's a dark undertone that laces through his voice, my brows furrowing at his comment. He steps away from me and moves toward one of the ledges he will begin to ascend up the castle walls. He catches the low hanging ledge and pulls himself up onto the stone platform before he states, "...you're hurt, deeper then you can possibly imagine. Don't think for a second you are standing alone..."

"I won't lose myself," I reply while reloading my weapons with the liquid silver rounds, holstering one of them while I hold the grip in my right hand, lowering the weapon to my side. I remove a black edge dart, the tip encased within a breakaway point, weighing the liquid in my hand before locking it into the belt strap.

He's not wrong, but I don't want to admit anything to either Dante or Cormac while I'm teetering on the threshold of the most fragile state I've ever been placed in my entire life.