⊰5⊱

🌹

"Scream again," Aohdan has one of his large hands tangled into the back of my rose gold hair, wrenching hard on my scalp. The pain I feel is hardly a comparison to which he has already inflicted upon me. Blood trickles down from my nostrils, the warmth flowing down over my lips and hitting my chin. In the second in which he pauses to assess the damage his has done, I can hear the faint patter of the water from that sink in the distance and it is mixing with the sound of blood droplets spattering to the Plexiglas floor.

Satisfaction will not be his, my lips drawing into a tight line. There is a whimper that wants to escape me, building with each passing second that he ever so slightly tightens his hold on my hair. I can hear his breathing behind me, his scent mixed with my blood, but there's a hint of earthy aroma somewhere. I'm not listening to him, so I tune out and focus on my mother, the only person who truly loved me. I can still feel that love, standing through the pain and ignoring what would eventually come...my death.

"You're existence is pathetic," without warning, he forcefully smashes my forehead against the Plexiglas wall, ringing in my ears replaces any sense I once could control. I shut my eyelids together, the pounding in my head reverberating to the farthest corners of my mind. I barely notice when he releases his firm grip on my hair, my body crumbling forward. My hands clumsily reach out, hitting the clear wall before I fall down harshly and abruptly to my knees.

Blood.

I can see it just out of the corner of my eyes, glimpsing upward and knowing he has used enough force to cause serious damage. His presence is ominous, looming behind me. I can feel that dark stare, boring into the back of my skull like it would kill me, but he didn't want that. He wants me to conform and live by the code. He wants me to feel like every other human, my rights stripped away and making it seem like my life has no meaning.

Call him Sir or Master?

If I do, I'm following a code. I don't want to do this, not now, not ever.

Though, if I don't follow one simple rule, probably the least condemning of them all, then I'll never be allowed out of this Plexiglas cell. If I can't get out of here, then I'll never get the chance to kill him and escape.

Swallow my pride and follow one code?

It kills me to just think about giving in marginally to what he wants. He desires to see me suffer, breaking me until I am just like every other human...after he's done that, he'll more than likely kill me.

I will kill him first.

I'll play this game and I will not underestimate my opponent, now that I know exactly who he is.

A council member, it just so happens that I was taken by a council member...

"Sir...stop," I bit my tongue, the words forming in my mouth taste like bile. There is silence and for just an instant, I think I've done something right. Though, in the next second I am clearly mistaken when he grabs my hair again, hauling me to my feet in one motion. I can't stop the scream leaving my lips, my eyes filling with tears ready to fall if he hurts me one more time.

His lips are near my left ear and a shiver passes through my body. "You don't tell me when I stop. You want something, ask for it," his words numb my senses. He loosens his hold on my hair, but before I can do anything else, my body is thrown through the air. I land hard on my stomach, sliding just a few feet away, the bottom of my chin burning from the tug of the clear floor. His eyes are hard and I'm unsure of what he is thinking.

He's waiting.

Waiting to see if I'll ask him.

It practically kills me inside, trying to nudge myself up on weak muscles. My body has been beaten once again by him. Every time he touches me, it's to inflict pain and get me to submit to the code of conduct, to his will.