⊰16⊱

🌹

"Is she ever going to wake up?" Linda's voice is quite worried, and I can hear her shuffling around me.

That's a very good question...am I?

Sidney whispers, "He meant to kill her..." The hate and disdain can be clearly heard laced in her tone and I can only imagine the look she is casting toward Linda.

"We all saw the wounds," Rochelle hushes the other two, "she's almost fully healed now. If she's going to wake up, it would be anytime."

"Why didn't Master kill her?" Linda asks and I already know that reason, "Why hasn't he come back to finish the job? It's been a few days and not a single word about Rose."

Rochelle sighs, "I don't know Linda..."

So...Aohdan didn't finish me off after all. He must have been too busy welcoming the esteemed Taft Thornton. That means Arthur isn't that far behind. The winter solstice, it must be nearing and the festivities they keep talking about will be here any day now.

Breathing in deeply and exhaling with a soft sigh, I allow my eyelids to flutter open slowly. I see Linda and Sidney standing on either side of the bed I am laying on, Rochelle not far off, maybe a few feet away. They have this concerned look all shared between them...worry? Why are they worried about me? I'm nothing to them aside from another human living as a tool for these damn leeches.

"Oh, Rose!" Linda's light brown eyes fall down and search my face, smiling when she sees that I am awake.

"Oh my god you live!" Sidney exclaims, "We weren't sure if..." her voice trails off, almost like the three of them know something that I don't. I pay no mind to it though, I'm just slowly gaining more control of my movements, my body having been asleep for longer than I'd ever allow it.

Taking my time, I start to sit up, the warm covers falling away from me and revealing a new set of underwear and bra that are not stained in my own blood. When I glance down at my skin, there are no marks. Nothing. Absolutely nothing to show of the torture I'd endured...everything that Aohdan put me through, washed away. In a way, yes it was nice not having to remember the incident by the permanent marks on my body thanks to more than likely that salve liquid they use.

However...at the same time, no one besides Linda, Sidney, Rochelle, and Aohdan would ever know of the darkness that was inflicted upon me.

I want them all to know. I want them to know what we're capable of enduring. I want them to fear the possibility that physical wounds can be pushed through...that we can overcome much more than they thought possible. I'm not giving up.

When I go to speak, my voice comes out rough as I didn't realize how dry and raw my throat is. Rochelle walks over and picks up a glass of water that is resting on a side table, cautiously handing it to me so I don't drop it. I don't even know my own strength right now, feeling the exhaustion in my muscles puts me on edge.

Time.

Everything heals with time.

I'll recover...but I won't forget this. Brutally whipping me past the point of what should have been a punishment. It could easily have turned into my painfully slow execution. Instead, I have the memory of the pain burning bright in my mind.

I'll make you feel worse pain. That's a promise.

Grasping the cold glass, the condensation against my fingers and palm slide it down half an inch, but then I quickly reach my other hand out and firmly take hold of it. It tastes good, the icy chill of the water sliding down my throat, numbing the sting from the screams.