⊰75⊱

We all have an inbuilt element of emotional resilience that helps us survive trauma and periods of anxiety and depression

Your fantasies about running away are part of this innate defence system – the oldest part of your brain, the limbic system, knows that your current situation is a threat to your wellbeing, so it's sending you messages to escape from it.

The more evolved part of your brain, the pre-frontal cortex, counters these instinctual impulses with logic and thoughts such as, 'I must carry on, I can't give in, if I just try harder I will keep on top of it.'

🌹

Those who wish, remain within the castle walls, afraid of what awaits them outside, what they have briefly come to realize is a safe haven. It's the humans mainly who fear what the future will hold, the broadcast going live as I walk up the stairs to the second floor of the massive structure.

I barely hear those around me, many of the vampires who belonged to the covens of Taff and Arthur, gather their belongings and set foot out of the doors to something new that awaits them. The sounds I hear are almost drowned out, as if I'm walking under water.

Werewolves speak with one another's packs, setting into effect territorial laws that will be upheld within their own race as now the whole world is theirs to settle within. They no longer have to become one and can live more separate and spacious lives. I'm sure the werewolf council member that is chosen to represent them will bring forth those terms, ones I look forward to granting after the overview.

A tunnel vision is before my eyes, my footsteps on an autopilot mode toward Cormac's room. Vampires pass me by, some giving me looks of praise, knowing the world we once lived in wasn't justifiably peaceful and that now we might set forth into a new light, a day and age we can all be proud of. Others however, if their stares could kill, I know those individuals will leave here with a grudge, knowing I can't force people to think a certain way. They will leave here and continue to do horrible things behind closed doors, behind the backs of those who will one day find them and deliver justice.

I already have in mind a special place for the once known half-breeds: the subverters. They will play a role seeking out to balance this world.

I just have to protect the peace that will begin to settle shortly.

The handle of the door feels numb against my skin, opening the door inward before stepping inside. Whatever noises I hear are completely blacked out the second the door seals shut behind me, letting the calmness settle around my aura.

Briefly, my gaze scans the room, taking in every last detail while my boots echo against the marble flooring. Traveling to the window, my hand reaches for the heavy curtain before I gently pull it back. The snow falls gently outside the window panes, watching as people leave while others remain behind.