⊰9⊱

🌹

"You're new, aren't you?" The mysterious vampire speaks to me, but I dare not look into his eyes. Once again, I make myself believe that if I cannot see him, maybe he'll give up and let me go about my menial task.

"Yes Sir," I reply simply, my voice unsure of why he even mentions the obvious.

He chuckles and I slowly begin to feel a slight warmth that radiates from his touch against my skin. It's odd at first, trying to understand why I'm even having this reaction to him. I'm drawn away from my thoughts when he asks, "How old are you?"

"Twenty three," I respond hastily.

That's when I feel his fingers digging into my skin again. I'm completely angry that even when I don't say that one word of respect to them, they get enraged. Why? It makes not sense to me.

"Forget something?" He asks.

"Sir," I spit out.

He pauses for a moment, but I soon feel the touch of his fingers beneath of my chin. With his unexpected action, I flinch and try to pull away from his iron grip, though he holds me in place easily. His fingers tighten on my chin and I feel him forcing my gaze up. I'm almost at a loss for words when his green orbs meet my cobalt ones, his dark ebony hair shading his left eye partially from view. He's older, more than likely his appearance reflects late twenties or early thirties. I know better though, looks can be deceiving and I'm sure he's much older than what he's currently displaying.

"How many owners have you had?" This time, I can't stop my eyes from reflecting the hesitation I held for the question he asked me. If I say one, he'll know something is off considering my age. If I say one or two, he'll want to know who they are and if I'm caught lying, Aohdan will probably kill me for even getting myself into this situation to begin with.

Breathing out, I state, "None that can compare to my...Master." That was a safe response...I hope. I think. Probably...

"Oh? Compare how?" This devilish smirk plays across his lips and it makes me nervous.

Not a safe response...

"I-I-" I find myself at a loss for words, his head tilting to the side as he regards me with amusement.

I notice something in our moment of trying to figure one another out. He's not calling me slave that often when he speaks to me. Why is that?

"Well then," our eyes break away, the strange vampire leading me toward the slightly ajar bathroom door, opening it the rest of the way before he leads me inside. Letting go of my arm, I touch the edge of the granite counter top with my hands, glancing away from him as he says, "Why don't you just finish cleaning this bathroom and think about how Aohdan compares to others."

Reaching out for the rag and spray bottle I state, "I only clean mirrors, Sir."

"Haven't been promoted yet I see," I was already beginning to note when he was amused versus when he was actually annoyed with my responses. I'm so glad I signed up to be entertainment for others. Oh wait, I didn't.

Damn it.

Ignoring him, I spray the mirror with the cleaner, leaning over the counter and reaching for the higher portions of the glass. There is silence that surrounds the two of us. It's disconcerting to me when the vampire's presence directly behind me. I don't stop cleaning though, cleaning the middle left side of the mirror of streaks.

"You know," his voice is slightly deeper this time, the pressure of both his hands landing on either side of my hips makes my body jolt with apprehension. It's a firm grip, but nothing aggressive. I feel the outside of his right boot along the inside of my own boot. He kicks it outward, taking me off guard again and I almost fall forward completely.