Prologue - Part 1: Family Reunion

Morty's P.O.V

    Morty sat watching the TV in the living room, eyes glued to the screen. "Hey! I'm J-Jon P-Pinina and this is my store. Here in the store we have lots of great items like uh... This and that!" "His last name is part penis and part vagina." Morty said as Rick walked in. Morty raised his arms. "I-I mean that's just not cool man. L-l-like don't you think he probably gets bullied for it?" Rick shrugged. "Moooooorty." He burped. "A name is just something you end up getting on a piece of paper. You can just change it." Morty furrowed his eyebrows. "Y-yea but Rick what if he's married? If he had kids? Do you think they would have a sex identity crisis?" Rick took a swig from his canteen. "Maaaaarrride is ultimately what stupid people do when there under the illusion of love. That or they impregnate someone's daughter." Rick glared as Jerry walked in, sandwich in hand. As he walked over to the sofa chair, the sandwich slipped from his fingers and fell to the ground. "Aww." Jerry said sadly. "Get over it Jerry!" Rick yelled.

    Jerry picked up the sandwich and walked back into the kitchen. Rick turned back to Morty and saw him glaring at him. "What?" Morty widened his eyes and threw his arms into the air. "What? Rick y-your always criticizing my parents marriage b-but you know what? It was you that had the bad marriage! You left grandma and my mom alone for years! You didn't even go to her funeral!" Rick glared at his grandson. "That's because she didn't die you little dipsh*t!" Rick stuck his finger between Morty's eyes. "Do0oooooo you expect me to go to a funeral in which everyone celebrates a fake death? Funerals are just cheap excuses to get together and have people bang each other in the back room." Morty's eyes went from a glaring state to one of surprise. "Grandma is alive?" Rick quickly put his hand over his mouth and looked around to make sure no one heard. "Shhhhhhh." Rick said, putting one of his fingers to his lips, spitting all over Morty. Morty threw off Rick's other hand, glaring. "What do you mean she's alive? Rick! She's my grandma! I've never seen her."

    Rick quickly grabbed Morty and dragged him into the garage, bumping into Jerry and knocking his new sandwich to the ground. "Oh come on!" Jerry said, stomping his foot. "Life is meaningless Jerry! Get over it!" Rick yelled before closing the door, locking it. "W-what's going on Rick! We have a right to know! My mom has a right to know!" Rick dug around through his many boxes, looking for something. "It's a lot more complicated than iiiiiitt seems Morty." Morty crossed his arms. "H-how Rick? How is it complicated? Everything is complicated with you!" Rick pulled his arms out of the box, holding a small, blue pill. "Quick M-mooooorrty. Take this. It will help you forget this every happened." Morty backed away. "What? No!" Rick advanced, holding the pill out. "Take the pill Morty." He growled. "N-no!" Morty fell to the ground as Rick tackled him. "Take.... The.... Pill M-Morty!" The two wrestled for a moment before a bright green light appeared. The two fell back and two Ricks dressed in white uniform stepped out. "The council calls for you Rick C-137." "Oooooooh. Great." Rick said sarcastically, getting up. "Look what you did Morty. N-Nooooowww we have to go deal with these losers." Morty got up, confused. "Wait Rick what did you do?" Rick glared at him. "What did I-I dooooo? This is your fault Morty! I don't always follow the rules of these losers but talking about Y/N is crossing the line on any timeline!" One of the Rick guards raised his gun and placed in on Rick's back. "Well you've screwed up now Morty. Good job." Rick raised his hands up and Morty followed suit. Morty shook his head as he too was escorted into the portal. "O-oh boy." He said worriedly.

    The portal opened up in the Council of Ricks, and Rick glared up at them, matching their stares. Morty looked around at all the frowning faces. "T-They don't look to happy Rick." Rick turned around and glared at his grandson. "Oh really Morty? I didn't realize! Well maybe you shouldn't f*ck up next time." "Silence!" One of the Rick's in the council yelled, slamming his fist down on the table. "Rick C-137. You are accused to have spoken the name of the forbidden in the presence of a Morty." Rick rolled his eyes. "I know. But if you hadn't interrupted me M-Mooooorty here would even remember by now." "There is no need to go as far as to erase the minds of the weak." The council Rick replied. The council looked down on the boy, eyes scanning his confused face. "Hmm." The council Rick that had previously spoken sat back down in his chair, stroking his beard. "Boy." He said, addressing Morty. "Oh..Uh m-me?" Morty pointed at himself in confusion as the Rick nodded. "Will you cease looking into this if we simply show you Y/N ourselves?" Rick tensed and glanced at Morty who nodded vigorously. "O-oh Y-yes sir!"

    The other Ricks and Morty's mumbled softly as the council Rick stood up and, followed by a few guards, made his way over to Morty. "Follow me." He said, walking out the door and down the hall. Morty glanced at his Rick. "What's so important about Y/N?" Rick shrugged and began walking. "I-i D0oooon't know Morty. Y-you know just cause I'm the smartest guy in the universe doesn't mean I have all the answers." Rick burped and took a swig form his container. Morty frowned and trotted after the council Rick. They made their way down the hall and around multiple corners until they reached a large door, glowing a slight green. The council Rick stopped and turned to Morty. "Morty C-137. If you decide to go through the this door, you must promise to keep the existence Of Y/N a secret from your family and any Rick or Morty you meet that is below council level." "Basically it's illegal to talk about her." Rick interrupted. The council Rick put his hands together and gave a deep breath. "Yeeeess. Rick. Basically." He said through gritted teeth. Morty stared at the council Rick. "I promise not to tell anyone." Morty said as he placed one hand on his heart and the other in the air. The Rick nodded. "Then behold the vault of Y/N!" He said as the doors creaked open.

A/N: Hello Fabulous Readers! This is a little bit different of a show than I am normally comfortable with because of all the cursing but I realized there isn't many fanfictions for Rick similar to this one so I decided to write it anyway. I hope you like it! I can't wait for season 3 of the show. I'm not quite sure when it's coming out but It's gonna be awesome!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon