Episode 10: Part 6 - Return of Ricardo

~Present~
Your P.O.V

As you were lost in thought, you failed to notice the blonde and extremely pale woman walk up to you and sit down adjacent on the bench.  "Mom?  Mooommmmm... hello?"  You gave a small gasp as her hand touched your shoulder.  "Jesus Beth!  You scared me to death!"  You paused a moment, tilting your head.  "How in the ever loving f*ck did you find me?"  Beth held up her phone.  "We're on a family plan.  I can look up every family member's location and internet history anytime I want."  Your eyes widened.  "Sweetie I highly suggest you DO NOT look at my history.... just... just a personal preference...".

Beth didn't seem to notice your statement; instead she simply slipped her phone back into her small purse and turned to face you.  You simply looked down at your hands as you fiddled with them in your lap.  "You know...". You chuckled once for comfort.  "I was just thinking about when I first started dating your father."  You shook your head in shock.  "I can't believe I couldn't get it through my thick head how maybe the reason he didn't date was because every other teenager had the smallest common sense."  Beth scrunched up her eyebrows into a solid line.  "Well it seems poor choices run in the family huh?"  Then, in a softer tone added "But we're still here... kicking ass."  "Damn right we are!"  You high fived your daughter enthusiastically.  

Still grinning, Beth reached down into her small purse once again, this time withdrawing two retractable wine glasses and a small flask.  In unison, you set up the cups as Beth unskrewed the flask's lid and poured a fair amount into each glass.  You leaned back your head over the rough wood of the bench and looked up at the black sky.  Unfortunately, thanks to city lights you couldn't' see a thing.  As you swirled your wine in it's glass, you felt a weight on your lap.  Beth as layer down on the bench and placed her head in your lap.  Instinctively, you placed your hand on her head and combed your fingers through her hair.  After a comfortable moment of silence, you spoke, eyes never straying from the sky.  "You know sweetie, out of the hundreds of bad things to come from my marriage, I'm glad you were one of the few good ones."  You could feel Beth smile gently.  "I know mom.  I know."

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter!  I didn't realize how little I had left for this episode (I thought there would be enough to make a decent sized chapter but I was clearly wrong.). Hope you enjoyed that sweet little moment at the end though!  See you next week!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon