Episode 12: Part 4 - Return to Planet Brograd

Your P.O.V

Rick sighed, looking around  the park, watching a couple saw off the topmost of an aliens skull and use it as a freebee for their alien dog.  "Ah, If I wasn't abusing my protective rights as a citizen of planet Earth as my Galactic Protection Agreement I'd retire here in an instant.  Have a scuffle with one of the neighbors?  B-baaaaammm.  Then their out of the picture."

You smiled as Rick held your hand and guided you across a dead body lying in the middle of the sidewalk.  "Could spare a little more of their government funds on a street cleaning service though."  Rick added, stepping directly on the deceased alien's hand.  You shook your head.  "Oh yea but look over there."  You pointed through the park fence and across the street to were a group of 5 or so Brograds were mopping up another murder site.  "I suppose they'll get around to this one after their done with that."  You said.  Rick nodded.

You thought for a moment.  "I'm sure I've asked this before but, how DO these guys procreate fast enough to keep the population up and kicking? Did you ever figure out?"  Rick looked around the park as he spoke.  "Well they used to do it the old fashion way but nowadays they just use science.  Just stick their kids in test tubes and go on with their day."  You blew a raspberry.  "Jesus.  No wonder they got such a murdery vibe.  All that pent-up sexual frustration."

You were about to make another comment but stopped, listening as a strangely familiar, high-pitched sound got louder and louder.  "Rick you hear that?"  Rick turned to you.  "Oh what?   Sorry, I kind of tuned you out for a minute there... well... few minutes.  Anyways what'd you say?"  You frowned.  "No not me!  Do you hear THAT?"  You pulled Rick's ear, facing it behind the pair of you.  Rick listened for a moment before sighing again.  "Oh great.  Here comes Mr. 'Save the Homeless'."

Both you and Rick straightened up, facing the path the two of you had just walked as Morty appeared over the horizon, his shirt stained in Brograd blood.  He was in a mix of tears, blood, and shortness of breath as he used whatever oxygen was in his body to scream and flail his arms wildly. "Riiiiiiiiiccccckkkkk!"  Rick rubbed his temple.  "Good god, what?" 

Morty collapsed at your feet, looking up between Rick and yourself, pointing behind him wildly.  "So I can safely say that homeless alien is dead I'm guessing?"  You said.  Morty left his mouth hanged open, sucking in air, but nodded.  You turned to Rick.  "We should of bet on it."  Rick shook his head.  "I think everyone knew Morty here would fail."  Morty turned to Rick, rebuttals in his eyes but Rick prevented him from speaking.  "To be fair Morty it's not like you stood a chance protecting that guy from those toddlers."  "Yea they've probably already had training in this sort of thing anyway."  You said reassuringly.

"What?  No.  That's not the point I was making at all."  Rick said.  You ignored him and crouched down.  "The important thing is that you tried sweetie."  Morty looked up to you before looking down at the blood on his hands.  "B-but-". You slapped him on the back.  "Alright, look alive.  The good news is that everyone important is still safe."  You smiled and clapped your hands together, closing your eyes as you gave Morty a huge grin.  However, your moment was short-lived as you heard the sound of a laser blaster powering up, right behind your head.  "Well, well, well, if it isn't that woman who left me for dead.  And my, my, your partner hasn't aged well at all!"  You jerked in surprise.  "Hey I think you got the wrong lady, lady.  I don't know who you are but I assure you all those whom I've wronged are dead... by coincidence of corse."  You added the last part quickly, raising your hands with Rick and Morty in surrender.

The gun pressed harder down on your skull as you began to feel the head of the laser on your hair.  "No.  I recognize your face.  It had relatively stayed the same.  Bit of aging on your figure though."  "Hey!  Are you my murderer or my personal trainer?   Make a choice!"  The alien cackled.  "As witty as ever you glip glop."  She said.  "But unfortunately, humor won't save you from hell.  All these decades since you robbed me of my pride.  As I was slammed into the wall and my comrades crushed by the car."

You jolted as the voice from so many years ago came back.  It was the voice of the first Brograd who spoke after you had crashed the car.  The only one who hadn't been crushed by said car when Rick pushed it over the ledge.  The one alien that had been knocked into he wall and you assumed dead; and now she was back for revenge.

A/N:  Hey all!  Decided to post this a little earlier because had a little time.  But now I realize I am going to be sooooo tired for classes tomorrow.  Anyways, hope you all enjoy this chapter and I'll see you again when I post hopefully soon!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon