Episode 12: Part 2 - Return to Planet Brograd

Your P.O.V

You took a deep breath, placing your hands on your hips and breathing out quickly in excitement.  "Oh it's been too long!" You said, looking around the planet of assassins.  The orange sky lit up your eyes as flashbacks to long ago resurfaced.  You turned to Rick.  "They're not still out to get us right?  Cause of last time and all...". You said, eyes glancing worriedly at Morty.  Looking back to Rick, you saw him shake his head.  "Nah.  The Broooograds really prefer paid commissions."  He burped.  "We were just a revenge fling."  Rick waited as a group of Brograds, clearly on some mission, judging of course by the weapons in their hands, passed by.  "Buuuuttt probably not the best idea to bring it up.  N-nooo point it reopening o-o—ooooldd wounds."  Rick said carefully.

You nodded in agreement.  Fair enough.  You glanced around at the grey aliens.  You had to admit, you had missed these guys, as strange as it sounded.  After all, they were the first real adventure you had ever had with Rick.  Your brow furrowed for a moment as a through crossed your mind:  Had Rick brought you here for nostalgic purposes?  If so, it was working.  You felt like your younger, teenage self again.  Well, with the exception of your incurable disease, the beginning of arthritis in your hands, and your slightly sagging boobs.  But other than that, age had been kind to you.

Bounding down the sidewalk, you stared up into the sky, past the flying transports.  You gasped and pointing at one building in particular.  "Morty!  Morty!"  You grabbed your grandson by the face and pushed it up to follow your gaze.  "Take a look at that!"  You said, staring.  "That's the Brograd Capital Building!"  You proclaimed proudly, turning your head and gazing at him.  "Remember when I told you about that?"  Morty tried to nod but you still had a grip on his face.  Letting go, you turned again, taking in the sights.  Behind you, Rick moseyed not far away from you, hands in his lab coat.

"Bloodsicles!  Come get your Bloodsicles!"  A nearby street-vendor caught your eye and you watched as two small Brograd children ran up to him, giggling.  The vendor's bug-like face grinned as he leaned over his cart to look at the kids.  "What'll it be?"  He asked.  "I got Quilum blood, Suavvan blood, even Pub blood!"  The two kids looked at each other, their stick-like legs trembling from either the weight of their bodies or excitement.  "Quilum!"  The first child said, pulling what looked to be money from the flap in her skin.  "Ah-Pub please!"  The seconds child, a little boy, added.  The vendor nodded and reached into his cart, hands emerging seconds later with two popsicles, one a sickly green and another a dull red.  Both children dropped their money onto his table and continued down the sidewalk, right past you.  "Wanna go to the park?"  The girl asked her friend.  He nodded.  "Yea, I've been meaning to kill that homeless guy for a while now.  He's been on my hit list for a week already."

Morty's eyes were wide as you watched them pass.  He shivered.  "Y-yeesh!  Th-that's sooooooo messed up man!"  Morty grabbed his hair and turned to look at you and Rick.  He then glanced back over his shoulder at the children, skipping down the sidewalk with their popsicles.  "I mean, killing a homeless dude?!?  Who does that?"  "Mind you own culture M-morty.  The homeless die all around us everyday.  B-buuut unlike here, we don't really make those events public."  Rick said, pulling out his flask.  Morty frowned, brow furrowing.  You glanced at Rick and placed your hands together.  "What Rick means to say is that things are different here.  We can't judge the fact that children murder homeless people.  We don't know the standards for that sort of thing here."

"But speaking of parks," You said, straightening your back and turning to Rick.  "I haven't seen a part on this planet before.  I want to go see what it's like!"  You said.  Rick shrugged.  "Sure thing."  You watched as the two children began at to turn down a street only a few feet ahead.  Picking up a brisk walk, you waved on for the boys to follow.  "One on let's go!"

A/N: Another chapter done!  Hope you all enjoyed this week's chapter!  I can't wait to write more!  Sorry if I don't have much to say in this week's A/N, I've done nothing interesting except a ton of projects for class.  Anyways, love you all and thank you so much for reading!
~ <3 <3 ApocalypseRaccoon