{Please} - Kanan Jarrus

requested by : EzraJarrusB 💖💖 HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYS !!!!! thought I might start off the ny w a new imagine at 4:36 am kms but (; I hope this year turns out much better than 2016.

Anywayyyyy their relationship is open to interpretation. They can be siblings, lovers, best friends, etc. Hope you enjoy it 💖

Word count : 1222 words

"Do you really have to go on this mission?" I sighed, looking up at him, worry and nervousness flooding my mind

He smiled fondly, cupping my cheeks in his hands and rubbing his thumbs over them," Someone has to look after Ezra, (Y/N). We'll be back soon anyway."

"I still don't like the idea of you going to Malacor. Especially when it's only you, Ahsoka, and Ezra. Are you sure you don't want Sabine, Zeb, and I to go with you?"

"No. The planet that we're going to, Malacor, is an ancient planet of where the Sith had their most important temple. We need to go there to learn about the Sith and how to destroy them and the only people that can go there are-"

"Force sensitive. That's why you three are going." I sighed, nodding. We had had this conversation many times in the past week. I just couldn't wrap it around my head," I'm still so worried for you."

"I know you are but, you have to believe and trust me." He smiled softly, wrapping his arms around me in a warm embrace," I'll come back to you, I always do."

"Yes, but this is different, Kanan. The Inquisitors are after you three and you don't even know what you'll be expecting on Malacor. I feel like it's a trap."

Kanan chuckled," Of course its a trap. That's why we're walking right into it. We have to know how to destroy the Sith if we ever want peace in the galaxy, (Y/N)."

I sighed," Please be careful. You know what happened last time Hera saw you coming back with a broken arm."

"And I know how worried you get when I'm hurt. I promise I'll be as careful as I can." He smiled fondly, squeezing me slightly which made me giggle softly," I have to be there for Ezra, (Y/N). If it were something else, you know I wouldn't put everything else in danger."

"I know. You're his mentor anyway, you're supposed to be there for him. Anyway, that mission to Malacor would be no good since you need a Master and his Padawan just like how the Sith have their Master and Apprentice."

Kanan smiled softly as I reached up to smoothen back his hair. Thankfully, we were alone as Ezra and Ahsoka were getting ready for the departure while everyone else was doing their own jobs around the base. I valued this little time we had together, scared that this may be the last time I'd see him.

"Your mind is racing." He noted, looking down at me with an expression of concern

"I'm scared that I won't see you again." I admitted

"You will. I promise you." He smiled, hugging me closer to him so that I had to stand on my tip toes with my face buried in the crook of his neck," Have I ever broken my promises?"

"No." I mumbled, closing my eyes and enjoying the warm feeling of him against me

"Then you shouldn't worry." Kanan reassured me, rubbing comfortable circles on my sides," I always come back to you. I can't have you struggling to hold the Ghost crew all together on your own, can I?"

I giggled," I guess not. Not even Hera and I together can handle having to stop Zeb from killing Ezra."

Kanan chuckled," Or Chopper trying to kill both of them."

My lips smiled against his skin as I laughed," They're all impossible. It's-"

"Kanan, (Y/N)." I pulled away from Kanan but he kept his arm around me. I turned and saw that it was Ahsoka,"We have to go before we run behind schedule."

I nodded," Two minutes, please." She smiled softly and nodded, moving off to the side to allow us some privacy. I turned back to Kanan who was looking down at me with a sad smile,"Well, this is it."

"I'll be back, don't worry." He reassured me, holding me closer to him and resting his chin on top of my head

"I know. I'll try not to." I sighed

Kanan chuckled lightly and hugged me once more before we pulled away from one another and faced Ahsoka. We walked together in silence to the Ghost.

"You'll take care of him, won't you?" I gave Ahsoka a small smile as we hugged. She was the last one to board the ship, Kanan, Ezra, and Chopper waiting for her

She laughed," Of course I will. He'll be alright, (Y/N). We'll be back before you know it."

I smiled softly and nodded. We embraced each other one last time before she boarded the ship. I watched as the Ghost lifted up into the air and until it was just a mere speck in the sky.

"Commander, our meeting is in five minutes." Captain Rex stated as he walked over to me

I looked over at him and nodded," Lead the way, Rex." We walked alongside each other and spoke of the upcoming mission that we would have together with Hera, Ezra, and Zeb
-
I sensed something was wrong when I saw the Ghost landing. Kanan avoided giving too much information when they contacted us so I knew nothing really went as they had planned or hoped for. Nonetheless, the worry in my mind dissipated. Kanan came back to me. I was thankful enough for that.

I watched as the hangar plank lowered and Ezra walked out with Kanan's arm around him. I frowned as I made my way slowly to them, watching as Ezra helped Kanan out of the ship and noticing that the older man was wearing a mask over his face.

"Kanan.." I said softly as I was mere feet away from them

"I'll be fine, Ezra." Kanan told his apprentice who muttered a response back before leaving but not without sending me an apologetic look,"(Y/N), I.."

I walked towards him slowly and reached up to take the mask off, gasping softly when I saw a slash across his eyelids. He then opened his eyes and, instead of them being their beautiful teal green color, they were a pearly white. He sensed my shock and fear so he wrapped his arms around me yet kept quiet, as if letting me process what I was seeing.

"What happened?" I asked him, biting my lip nervously at what he might tell me

"Darth Maul, or Maul, was there. That's how we, Ezra, got to get the Sith holocron. He betrayed Ahsoka and I and.. this happened." He explained, or tried to.

"I knew I shouldn't have let you go." I whispered, tears brimming my eyes as I looked up at him, running my fingers over the slash," You didn't deserve that, Kanan. I-"

"You and no one else had no power over what happened. It's already in the past." He murmured back.

"You won't ever be able to see again, Kanan. It's my fault." I whimpered,"I won't be able to forgive myself for that."

Kanan smiled sadly and kissed my forehead," There's no reason to blame yourself if you did nothing wrong."

"I.. Kanan, I'm still sorry." I whispered, burying my head in his chest, willing myself to avoid crying, not wanting to appear weak in front of him

"I know, (Y/N). I am too."